none
Discussion on package CPU usage? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

can anyone direct me to a thread/forum that covers CPU usage/resource usage by

different packages in WES7?

I want to run Mach3, a CNC controller program. It runs under Windows 7. Mach3 runs

a parallel port driver and I understand it uses some fairly dirty tricks to achieve its work.

In particular it produces a pulse stream for controlling servos. Any competing service/app

causes IRQ jitter which can cause the CNC machine to fail.

Most users of Mach3 run XP with Mach3 as sole installed app. I intend to do similar but

with a slim WES7 OS. Knowing what components are likely to cause IRQ jitter/demand would

help.

Thanks.

Friday, June 6, 2014 9:26 AM

Answers

• There is nothing available to that granularity. The only thing to do is look at the services running and switch those your don't want off if they can be turned off.

You can try the Visual Studios form and there might be some answers there: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?category=visualstudio

If you are looking for real-time response, then there is are real-time add on products like InTime from TenAsys that can provide the support under Windows.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

• Marked as answer by joe.average Sunday, July 6, 2014 12:11 AM
    Friday, June 6, 2014 5:25 PM