none
[UWP][Win10 XAML C++]Just updated to VS2015 update 2 and get WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF

Question

• Hi,

I manage to make a working Visual Studio community 2015 update 2 in Windows 10 machine. When I create a new app, I intend to open the MainPage.xml for editing.XAML code is not displayed but the designer view displays normally. There are warnings:

Intellisense could not be initialized due to the following error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.LanguageServices, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. 系統找不到指定的檔案。
    File name: 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.LanguageServices, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.Xaml.LanguageService.Metadata.ManagedTypeResolverService..ctor(IServiceProvider provider)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.Xaml.LanguageService.Package.XamlLanguagePackage.<Initialize>b__10_3(IServiceContainer c, Type t)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.GetService(Type serviceType)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.Xaml.LanguageService.Package.XamlLanguagePackage.GetService(Type serviceType)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.System.IServiceProvider.GetService(Type serviceType)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerHost.HostServices.ServiceProviderExtensions.GetRequiredService[T](IServiceProvider serviceProvider, Type serviceType)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.Xaml.LanguageService.XamlFileInformationService.CreateFileInformationContext(IHostSourceItem sourceItem)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.Xaml.LanguageService.XamlLanguageService.GetFileContextScope(String fileName, IVsTextLines textLines, IXamlFileInformationContext& fileContext)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.Xaml.LanguageService.XamlLanguageService.EnsureBufferCache(IVsTextLines textLines)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.Xaml.LanguageService.XamlLanguageService.CreateSource(IVsTextLines textLines)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Compilation and deployment are success. I have tried repair option but still have this warning. Please advise how to fix.

Saturday, April 30, 2016 10:52 AM

Answers

• Hi ErikS2,

Please try running your Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect it (devenv /safemode)

Also please restart your machine then create a new UWP application. Then right click the MainPage.xaml file, select View Code.

If still has the same problem. I think there might be something wrong with your UWP pavkages. Please reinstall the Universal Windows Development Tools.

If above suggestions still no help. Since your have tried repaired. I think something is wrong with your VS installation. I need you installation log file to troubleshoot this issue.

please use http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to  https://onedrive.live.com/and share the link here.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 5:23 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. I did not wait for your solution.

After struggling for almost 10 days, I finally do the following:

1. Reset Win10 to uninstall everything and perform latest Windows updates - this takes about 2 hour to complete.

2. Install VS2015 update 2 web download - this takes about 3 hours to complete, installation successful.

3. Re-install all my existing programs - this takes about 5 hours to complete.

This is the worst method but fastest way to restore my pc to start developing again. Now, VS community 2015 update 2 works.

• Marked as answer by ErikS2 Wednesday, May 04, 2016 2:44 AM
    Wednesday, May 04, 2016 2:44 AM

All replies

• Hi ErikS2,

This case seems related to visual studio issue. I will help you move it to correct forum so you can get better response.

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 2:58 AM
  • Hi ErikS2,

Please try running your Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect it (devenv /safemode)

Also please restart your machine then create a new UWP application. Then right click the MainPage.xaml file, select View Code.

If still has the same problem. I think there might be something wrong with your UWP pavkages. Please reinstall the Universal Windows Development Tools.

If above suggestions still no help. Since your have tried repaired. I think something is wrong with your VS installation. I need you installation log file to troubleshoot this issue.

please use http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to  https://onedrive.live.com/and share the link here.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 5:23 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. I did not wait for your solution.

After struggling for almost 10 days, I finally do the following:

1. Reset Win10 to uninstall everything and perform latest Windows updates - this takes about 2 hour to complete.

2. Install VS2015 update 2 web download - this takes about 3 hours to complete, installation successful.

3. Re-install all my existing programs - this takes about 5 hours to complete.

This is the worst method but fastest way to restore my pc to start developing again. Now, VS community 2015 update 2 works.

• Marked as answer by ErikS2 Wednesday, May 04, 2016 2:44 AM
    Wednesday, May 04, 2016 2:44 AM