Common Language runtime detected an invalid program RRS feed

• Question

• We have developed a Window Application in VB.NET (Framework 1.1) with Back-End MSDE and with Crystal Reports.

We haven’t got any issue as long as we run the application in our development machine. Also we deployed it in many clients and it works fine

But in only one client place, we got the following error ‘Common Language runtime detected an invalid program’.

The application contains many forms with many controls (More or less 100)

But the issue comes only in one form when it is opening

Configuration of the Client Machine

Processor         : AMD

OS                   : XP professional

We will be thankful if any one provides solution for this…

Friday, September 29, 2006 12:14 PM

Answers

• If it's working on lots of clients but failing on this one, my bet would be one of the following

1. Faulty CLR installation.  Uninstall/Reinstall the CLR on the machine and see if it fixes the issue.
    2. Running on W2K.  Every now and again certain controls experience an issue on 2000 that's not caught in development.

Saturday, September 30, 2006 12:39 AM

All replies

• Have you tried debugging on that machine to see where the error is comming from?

What does the form load code look like for the form that is giving you problems?

Have you tried putting in a try catch i n that forms load an logging the events when the form loads?

Friday, September 29, 2006 2:57 PM
  • Make sure the Crystal Reports assemblies and other dependencies are properly installed on that machine.

Friday, September 29, 2006 3:36 PM
  • If it's working on lots of clients but failing on this one, my bet would be one of the following

1. Faulty CLR installation.  Uninstall/Reinstall the CLR on the machine and see if it fixes the issue.
    2. Running on W2K.  Every now and again certain controls experience an issue on 2000 that's not caught in development.

Saturday, September 30, 2006 12:39 AM
  • Hi DMan1

Thanks for your reply.

Since we are facing it only in client (where we don't have VS), we can't debug this. We never get this error in our Development Machine.  But our Development m/c and the client m/c having same Config.

We have used the Try Catch block in best way. So we are caputured this in the Try cathc black.

Please provide me the possible way to fix/ Cause for this issue

Once Again thanks in Advance

Saturday, September 30, 2006 10:57 AM