Blocking SwitchDesktop RRS feed

• Question

• I have written a small application that creates a new desktop, switches to the desktop, waits for a USB drive to be inserted, and then switches back to the default desktop. This works as expected.  However, one user is experiencing behavior I cannot reproduce. After a few seconds his computer switches back to the default desktop.  I suspect that some other application running on his computer is switching back to the default desktop. I cannot reproduce this behavior on any other computer. He is running Windows 7.

I am thinking (assuming) that if a secure desktop with a secure screen saver or the "Locked" desktop were active, that this (assumed) program would not be able to switch back to the default desktop since this would be a security issue. 

So my question is, how does one keep a secure desktop active? Most of the discussions on secure desktops revolve around sandboxing an application from getting out of the secure desktop. But what I want to do is to prevent any other application (except mind) from being able to switch AWAY from the "secure desktop".
    • Edited by Ken Clubb Saturday, December 3, 2011 2:47 PM
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 2:43 PM