What is the app.config SupportedRuntime entry for .NET 4.6 for Deployment project to detect .NET 4.6? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application which is built in .NET 2.0. The app.config entries are as below -

<startup>
          <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0" />
          <supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727"/>
        </startup>

I have Deployment Project with Launch condition for Microsoft .NET Framework (MsiNetAssemblySupport Property) where version is "Any".

On a Windows 10 machine, .NET Framework 3.5 feature is turned OFF and .NET Framework 4.6 Advanced Services is turned ON.

When I double click the installer created using the Deployment project above, it says "An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature: .NET Framework 3.5(includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)"

Why I do I see this message though .NET Framework 4.6 Advanced Services is already installed on the machine? How do I fix this issue? Thanks for your help in advance.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 4:38 AM

Answers

• Hi SuhasMG,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

First of all, you need to turned ON .NET Framework 3.5 feature.

It doesn’t work when you turn on .NET Framework 4.6. Because .NET Framework 4.6 and 3.5 are side by side.

If you cannot enable this feature, try refer to the following article:

Sometimes .NET 3.5 is not installed by default. We may need to use dism command to install this feature from our original disk.

Reference link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn482069.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Wen Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:26 AM
    Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:44 AM