Value of type 'System.Web.HttpContext' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.WebSockets.AspNetWebSocketContext'._

Question

• I am trying to convert microsoft's sample of websocket server from c# to vb.net all converts good except for one command

Public Sub ProcessRequest(ByVal context As HttpContext) Implements IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest
                If context.IsWebSocketRequest Then

context.AcceptWebSocketRequest(ProcessSocket(context))
                End If
            End Sub

Public Async Function ProcessSocket(context As AspNetWebSocketContext) As Task

I get Value of type 'System.Web.HttpContext' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.WebSockets.AspNetWebSocketContext'.

IHow do I convert the incoming 'HttpContext' to AspNetWebSocketContext.

in their c# code they don't even attempt to pass the context to the called function like this:

context.AcceptWebSocketRequest(ProcessSocket)

However that throws an error because it passes no arguments to the called Function

Monday, May 19, 2014 1:18 AM

Answers

• You can't do this in a Windows Store app.  AspNetWebSocketContext is not in a valid namespace for Windows Store apps. I suggest that you see the Windows Store WebSocketSample.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by PBPuddin Monday, May 19, 2014 3:41 PM
    Monday, May 19, 2014 12:08 PM