Do I really need to send things through the store? RRS feed

• Question

• So, I'm looking at the possibility of developing a survey-style app for my work. We have several regional representatives that go across the country and I'd like to be able to get survey information from them about each business they visit. Seeing as they all  have the same phone and windows OS I was thinking of writing an app.

Looking at the website though it looks like I need to purchase a developer license or something and then pay a fee to send it through the store. Is that really necessary? I don't want people to buy it, i just want my five guys to use it. I'm more than new about this but relentless googling doesn't seem to have provided my answer. Could someone help?

Monday, December 17, 2012 3:17 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem. I just want to write 2 or 3 apps, that give us access to our internal database. These apps should be only for a group of 5 people from our small company.

It seems, that there is a possibility to create a company app hub where you can provide apps for your company without the ms app store. But for this hub it seems, that you have to pay for a symantec certificate which coasts another 299 $ each year.

We don't want to buy it - we are only a small company and we don't need a own app hub - I think you have the same problem.

I found some statements in the web where it should be possible to publish an app as private. I asked for in this forum some days before, but no one answered :-(

I don't want to pay the 99 $ unless I get this information. What about you?

BTW: From which country you are from?

Monday, December 17, 2012 4:24 PM
  • Oh no, that's the kind of thing I was dreading. We're only a small not-for-profit company too and we can't afford that kind of thing at all.

Hopefully someone will give us an answer, a private app is just want I'm hoping to develop. I didn't think I'd have to pay this much to do it.

I'm from the UK.

Monday, December 17, 2012 4:28 PM