none
chart.xml scheme colors in a DOCX file - can't find them in theme.xml RRS feed

Answers

• Hey Dave,

IS29500 part 1 section 17.15.1.20:

bg1: “If this attribute is omitted, then the light1 theme color shall be used.”
    t1: “If this attribute is omitted, then the dark1 theme color shall be used.” (implementer note: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff529709(v=office.12).aspx)

t1 == tx1

I'm looking into why the attribute is named t1 instead of tx1 and will let you know as soon as I have an answer.  But I've confirmed that this is tx1.

Tom

• Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Wednesday, February 9, 2011 10:33 PM
    Monday, February 7, 2011 8:13 PM

All replies

• Hi David, thank you for your question. A member of the protocol documentation team will respond to you soon.
    Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Saturday, January 15, 2011 6:15 PM
  • Hi Dave,

I've been assigned to help you with this question.  I'll get back to you shortly.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:22 AM
  • Hey David,

I'm still tracking these values down.  I see notice that bg1 is in the word\settings.xml and is defined as "light1". However, I don't see tx1 in any of these files.  I'll let you know as soon as I have an answer.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Friday, January 28, 2011 6:00 PM
  • Hi;

Any luck yet? We have a customer who is very annoyed that the colors he sets in Word are not the colors he gets when we product a PDF.

thanks - dave

Very funny video - What's your Metaphor?
    Monday, February 7, 2011 4:30 PM
  • Hey Dave,

IS29500 part 1 section 17.15.1.20:

bg1: “If this attribute is omitted, then the light1 theme color shall be used.”
    t1: “If this attribute is omitted, then the dark1 theme color shall be used.” (implementer note: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff529709(v=office.12).aspx)

t1 == tx1

I'm looking into why the attribute is named t1 instead of tx1 and will let you know as soon as I have an answer.  But I've confirmed that this is tx1.

Tom

• Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Wednesday, February 9, 2011 10:33 PM
    Monday, February 7, 2011 8:13 PM
  • Hi Dave,

I can't answer your question and I am watching - and waiting <g> - here with interest.

FWIW I think this is a real mess. I also don't think the clrSchemeMapping that Tom mentions is directly relevant; when you have interpreted "tx1", the mapping from that to the Theme can be changed via the clrSchemeMapping in the word/settings.xml part, but that's a step away from your question.

The val attribute of the schemeClr element can take, amongst other, more obvious, values, "tx1", which means (according to the documentation for the ST_SchemeColorVal simple type) the "Semantic text color". According to the standard (para 2.3) "the semantics of an XML element refers to its intended interpretation by a human being". To paraphrase this with a cynical eye, tx1 means whatever they want it to mean.

I think, in this case where there appears to be no explicit translation, you should probably interpret t, tx and dark as being the same, similarly, bg and light. I am intrigued that you have a customer seeing different colours in a PDF - how are you creating the PDF?

Enjoy,
    Tony
    www.WordArticles.com
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:59 PM
  • Hi;

We convert to PDF, HTML, etc. using Windward Reports (our reporting program). If you (Tony or Tony only!) would like a free copy of the program shoot me an email at david-at-windward-dot-net.

thanks - dave

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:33 PM
  • Thanks, Dave. You have already kindly let me have a copy but I confess I haven't done very much with it, and I hadn't thought to try to recreate your problems in it - could be interesting.

If you write the PDF yourself I would, as I said, hard code to interpret "tx1" as being synonymous wih "dk1", etc. I suspect that is what Word does.

Enjoy,
    Tony
    www.WordArticles.com
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:56 PM
  • Hi;

First off thank you - with this we're now working correctly.

Second, can you flog the responsible party for making the spec so horribly convoluted rather than cleaning up the code in Word? Five strokes will be enough :)

thanks - dave

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 10:34 PM
  • I'm glad to hear you got it working Dave.  We are discussing the changes needed to the standards documentation. 

Tom

Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:24 PM