Synchronizing Outlook 2010 Calendar with Sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to display outlook calendar in SharePoint 2013 calendar. When user add event/meeting in outlook calendar it should also be added in SharePoint 2013 calendar.

To view outlook events in SharePoint i need to drag and drop events in SharePoint calendar also which i don't want to do. I want to make whole process automate. When user add events in outlook calendar than it will automatically add events in SharePoint calendar and either or.

How do I synchronize my Outlook 2010 calendar to SharePoint 2010 website?

I am able to synchronize SharePoint Calendar into my Outlook calendar but not able to do Outlook Calendar (meetings, Data) into SharePoint Calendar.

When my office people go into our intranet site, I just want them to see my calendar in SharePoint which updates the data from Outlook and displays it but this calendar data on SharePoint should only be read-only to other users.

I tried the below article

http://www.dreamsharepoint.com/outlook-calendar-to-sharepoint/

But the two way sync isn't working as they mentioned.

• Edited by FunnyGhost Saturday, January 17, 2015 8:32 PM added url
    Saturday, January 17, 2015 8:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From the article in your original post, you connect a SharePoint calendar to Outlook, that is to say, you are trying to display a SharePoint calendar in Outlook. Correct me if there is misunderstanding.

When we click Connect to Outlook in SharePoint calendar list, it makes SharePoint calendar to display in Outlook Calendar. Here we can see at least two calendars, one is your Outlook calendar and another one is your SharePoint list. During the connecting process, you should click allow for pop-up windows two times as:

Now if you check Account settings for Outlook client application, turn to SharePoint Lists tab, you should be able to see the SharePoint calendar list. In a word, we display a SharePoint list in Outlook client application, rather than combine two calendars together.

As I tested, when I add items in SharePoint calendar list, it will sync to Outlook (not Outlook calendar, is SharePoint calendar list in Outlook). When I add items in SharePoint calendar list in Outlook, it will sync to SharePoint site UI. Both the actions are in fact working on SharePoint calendar list, one from Outlook client application, one from site UI.

I wonder if the above test is what you mean.

If you would like to items added to Outlook itself calendar to be synced to SharePoint calendar list, you need to manually copy it to SharePoint calendar list. As you said, just drag it would work.

Regards,

Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Sudip Misra Tuesday, January 20, 2015 12:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rebecca Tu Tuesday, January 27, 2015 2:03 AM
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:33 AM

All replies

• In above link, after you copy your outlook calender items to SharePoint calender - then subsequent items need to be created in SharePoint calendar and not in Outlook calender.

This point was not clearly mention. Hope this helps.

Please 'propose as answer' if it helped you, also 'vote helpful' if you like this reply.

Sunday, January 18, 2015 12:41 AM
  • But they said two way sync...

Does anyone knows???

Funnyghost

Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:19 AM
  • Hi Funny, I respectfully disagree with Sudip, they do sync both ways if they're both 2010. Some other versions won't sync both ways as he mentioned. The problem must exist in your settings. Check out the following link to see if it fixes your issue: http://www.nangets.net/?p=267

cameron rautmann

Monday, January 19, 2015 4:09 PM
  • Hi,

From the article in your original post, you connect a SharePoint calendar to Outlook, that is to say, you are trying to display a SharePoint calendar in Outlook. Correct me if there is misunderstanding.

When we click Connect to Outlook in SharePoint calendar list, it makes SharePoint calendar to display in Outlook Calendar. Here we can see at least two calendars, one is your Outlook calendar and another one is your SharePoint list. During the connecting process, you should click allow for pop-up windows two times as:

Now if you check Account settings for Outlook client application, turn to SharePoint Lists tab, you should be able to see the SharePoint calendar list. In a word, we display a SharePoint list in Outlook client application, rather than combine two calendars together.

As I tested, when I add items in SharePoint calendar list, it will sync to Outlook (not Outlook calendar, is SharePoint calendar list in Outlook). When I add items in SharePoint calendar list in Outlook, it will sync to SharePoint site UI. Both the actions are in fact working on SharePoint calendar list, one from Outlook client application, one from site UI.

I wonder if the above test is what you mean.

If you would like to items added to Outlook itself calendar to be synced to SharePoint calendar list, you need to manually copy it to SharePoint calendar list. As you said, just drag it would work.

Regards,

Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Sudip Misra Tuesday, January 20, 2015 12:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rebecca Tu Tuesday, January 27, 2015 2:03 AM
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:33 AM
  • Thanks Rebecca for detail explanation. It will help others!

Please 'propose as answer' if it helped you, also 'vote helpful' if you like this reply.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 12:40 PM