Using ATAPI in C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I want to use ATAPI library for programming a software 

is any sample code to help me?

thanks

Thursday, June 7, 2018 9:15 AM

All replies

• There is library you can use from NuGet.

EDIT: Removed link for NuGet because the library link contains install instruction for both 32 and 64 bit library.

Thursday, June 7, 2018 10:33 AM
    Answerer
  • Do you mean the ATA Packet Interface or Telephony Application Programming Interface? I assume it is the ATA interface you are asking about.

You need to either use the disk drive's device driver or write you own device driver. I assume you cannot use two device drivers for the same drive so you probably need to alter the existing sample driver (I don't know anything about it).

You should first look at the functions that Windows uses to interface with drives. If that does not satisfy requirements then you might be able to use Device Input and Output Control (IOCTL).

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Thursday, June 7, 2018 7:15 PM
  • Hi mohamad_smh,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, if you want c# examples for TAPI, you could download the source file from the code project for reference.

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/10994/TAPI-Application-development-using-C-NET

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 8, 2018 3:16 AM