none
Cannot build a SSIS Project - Visual Studio "not responding"

Question

• Whenever I build a Solution that contains an SSIS Project or build the Project itself, Visual Studio stops responding. It also happens when I run a package in the Visual Studio environment. Often if I kill the Visual Studio task, get back into the environment and attempt to rerun the package it will work.
    Wednesday, January 18, 2017 5:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Matt Har,

Please create a new solution and add a new SSIS project into solution to check whether the new solution also causes Visual Studio stops responding.

If the new solution also has this issue, I'm afraid that this issue related to the SSIS project template. I suggest you uninstall the Business Intelligence for Visual Studio tool and reinstall to check whether this issue could be fixed.

If the new solution working fine, the problem should be related to the SSIS project itself. Please create a new SSIS project and move the original project files to the new project one by one. Every time copy one file, build your project to check whether the Visual Studio will stop respond. This could help us confirm which file causes this issue.

>> It also happens when I run a package in the Visual Studio environment.

Could you please tell us what's this package you run in the Visual Studio environment? Does it a package used for Visual Studio or a package project running in Visual Studio?

If it is a package used for Visual Studio, I think there should be some compatible issue between this package and Visual Studio.

If it is a package project, I suggest you debug it line by line to confirm which line of code causes this issue. If possible, you could share this package here, which could help us reproduce this issue.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 19, 2017 7:15 AM