SQl Server 2016 Always on Jobs Failing Secondary Replica of Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have configured my Job on the Secondary Replica on my Server, Everytime Job Fails with Error

Unable to Connect SQLInstance. Step Failed.

I see that on this Replica, All the Databases are in not Synchronized State.

Just to Check if I Make this a Primary replica, I get the Error like below in Event viewer

Unable to access availability database '' because the database replica is not in the PRIMARY or SECONDARY role. Connections to an availability database is permitted only when the database replica is in the PRIMARY or SECONDARY role. Try the operation again later.

Can you Help me How to Fix this?

Thanks,

Sujith.

Sujith

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 9:25 AM

All replies

• On your primary when you drill down on your replicas in the Always on Folder, do they show up as green or as red.

It looks like your mirroring sessions are not healthy.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:16 PM
  • HI Sujith,

With limited information we can only guess possible scenarios which could have caused it. So the jobs fails on secondary replica what is your backup preference, primary or secondary ?

Can you post the output of Dashboard. You can log onto primary replica, expand Alwayson High Availability right click and select dashboard and then click on AG name to check status of dashboard. Now take a screenshot of it and paste here. Is everything green in Dashboard ?

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:05 AM