none
MS-FSSHTTPB - Invalid Partition for ODT files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are implementing a WOPI host for editing Open Office XML and Open Document files. Our WOPI host works fine with all supported files (DOCX, XMLX, PPTX, ODP, ODS and ODT) but we have a problem when editing ODT.

Is there a well know bug for these files?

Our WOPI host is a C# MVC application using Microsoft.CobaltCore.dll that handle Cobalt requests. HTTP requests are :

1 - HTTP GET .../wopi/files/10?access_token=XXXXXX&access_token_ttl=0  -> HTTP 200 OK (application/json)

This is the CheckFileInfo

2 - HTTP POST .../wopi/files/10?access_token=XXXXXX&access_token_ttl=0  -> HTTP 200 OK (application/octet-Stream)

This is a Cobalt request (header X-WOPI-Override = COBALT) Cobalt.QueryChangesRequest with partitionId bbd4e3c0-21b4-463d-9279-9c5a9406aa8f

3 - HTTP POST .../wopi/files/10?access_token=XXXXXX&access_token_ttl=0  -> HTTP 202 Accepted

This is a Lock request (headers X-WOPI-Lock = b825b651-dc6b-4647-8b51-e41d31c65b12 and X-WOPI-Override = LOCK)

4 - HTTP POST .../wopi/files/10?access_token=XXXXXX&access_token_ttl=0  -> HTTP 200 OK (application/octet-Stream)

This is a Cobalt request (header X-WOPI-Override = COBALT) Cobalt.QueryChangesRequest with partitionId 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

5- HTTP POST .../wopi/files/10?access_token=XXXXXX&access_token_ttl=0  -> HTTP 200 OK (application/octet-Stream)

This is a Cobalt request (header X-WOPI-Override = COBALT) Cobalt.QueryChangesRequest with partitionId 4ec1ef13-0b47-4707-9376-3f0f10d0228d but the result is an error : InvalidPartition - 3

6 - Finally HTTP POST .../wopi/files/10?access_token=XXXXXX&access_token_ttl=0  -> HTTP 202 Accepted

This is the unlock request.

I can give you more informations about requests data.

Thanks for any help

Jérôme Peronnier

Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Jerome,
    Thank you for this inquiry. One of our engineers will review this and follow-up soon.
    Thanks,
    Edgar
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 5:05 PM
  • Hi Jerome, 

Using the Microsoft.CobaltCore.dll in implementations of 3rd party custom storage hosts is not supported here. However, I will at least take a look to see if we have any known bugs filed related to this assembly's use of FSSHTTP with OpenDocument Text files. 

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo 
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications Support

Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:36 PM
  • Thanks for the response
    Friday, January 13, 2017 8:21 AM
  • Hi Jerome, 

Just to update you. I've done some research and have some idea of what's happening but still need to confirm. I'm working on creating the traces for the working scenario and confirming with the WAC/Sharepoint team. 

In the meantime, it might help if you can also send me a full trace of your broken scenario. If you can provide this (a fiddler trace), please forward to dochelp@microsoft.com, referencing the URL for this thread and my name. 

Thanks,

Tom Jebo

Saturday, January 14, 2017 1:23 AM
  • Hi Tom,

I sent today an email with a Wireshark log file and logs of our WAC server.

The Wireshark log contains traces between the front user and wac server and traces between the wac server and our custom WOPI REST application with the file storage.

Thanks,

Jérôme Peronnier

Monday, January 16, 2017 1:40 PM
  • Hi Jerome,

Thanks for your patience on this. The CobaltCore assembly was built as a component of Sharepoint and the Office Web Apps server. It contains some functionality that is beyond the scope of the Open Specifications protocols, not needed for interoperability with Office when using the FSSHTTP protocol and which are used only by these two products. What you are seeing is a query for changes in a partition that is used only in the context of Sharepoint to Office Web Apps communications.

Because you are using a component of Sharepoint that has been isolated from the Sharepoint deployment and environment, it may fail when expected functionality like this is queried.

Tom

Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:50 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for your response and your help.

Is there another way to do it without CobaltCore and SharePoint? I'm working on the feasibility of the integration of the WAC (a server hosted in our infrastructure with appropriate licences) with our 3rd party custom storage.

Is it possible to custom messages and hide buttons of popups of the Web Apps? e.g. : hide the button "Open with Word" in the file conversion popup of Microsoft Word Web App.

Jérôme

Friday, January 27, 2017 9:40 AM
  • Hi Jerome, 

thanks for the followup. 

>>Is there another way to do it without CobaltCore and SharePoint? I'm working on the feasibility of the integration of the WAC (a server hosted in our infrastructure with appropriate licences) with our 3rd party custom storage.

You can implement the FSSHTTP protocol based on the [MS-FSSHTTP*] specifications. Other than that,  I don't know of a proper shortcut to getting the same level of functionality. You can also (as you alluded to already) implement the WOPI protocol and get editing and coauthoring with less granularity. 

In case you aren't already aware, please see:

Integrating with Office Online

to get started with WOPI integration with Office Online (and on-prem).

Note: For on-premises Office Online Server (and Office Web Apps) integration via WOPI, please send your questions to the Office Protocols forum or to dochelp@microsoft.com. 

>>Is it possible to custom messages and hide buttons of popups of the Web Apps? e.g. : hide the button "Open with Word" in the file conversion popup of Microsoft Word Web App.

For this question, let me check and get back to you. I believe there is a way to do this.

Tom

Monday, January 30, 2017 7:25 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Thanks you for the links. We'll take a look on it.

Jérôme

Monday, February 6, 2017 8:27 AM
  • You are welcome. Regarding the UI customization question for the conversion dialog, I believe this is not possible but I will be able to confirm by Monday or Tuesday.

Tom

Monday, February 6, 2017 9:22 AM
  • I've confirmed that there are no customizations for the "Open in <client>" button on the conversion dialog. 

Tom

Thursday, February 9, 2017 7:08 PM
  • Thank you very much for answering all questions Tom. You did a great job.

Jérôme

Friday, February 10, 2017 8:30 AM