none
Migrate Biztalk 2002 Maps to Biztalk 2009 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello Gurus,

We are in the process of migrating a 2002 application to 2009.The current 2002 setup uses a map with custom functionoids and an AIC.After going through the forums, MSDN articles and lot of googling, it seems like there is no easy way to migrate the AIC and map with custome functionoids.

After gone thru lot of forums migration is not that easy using migration wizard,so look like i have to re write the whole map.but i do hear about Biztalk 2009 supports VBScript,is that true ?

I know Biztalk 2009 have solid improvements on EDI and AS2 section,so is that the good way to migrate directly from Biztalk 2002 to Biztalk 2009 or
    i will migarte first in to Biztalk 2006 then migrate in to 2009 ?

Appreciate all your help,thanks in Advance

AS

Monday, June 8, 2009 7:39 PM

All replies

• BTS2004 onwards supports Inline VB.NET, better way is to cut and paste all your VBS Code into an VB.NET assembly and call it within scripting functoid.

Please mark it as answer

SV
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 2:56 PM
  • Hi Vai2000

Thanks for your reply,i know you can write inline vb.net code from BTS 2004 onwards but its no longer support VBScript,but what i heard about BTS 2009 supports VBScript also.

Right now am installing BTS 2009 on my box,let me see how it works.Anyway thanks for your reply
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 4:40 PM
  • VBS calling is possible via XSLT Template path, guys correct me if I am wrong!
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 7:35 PM
  • First I will try to migrate from 2002 to 2006 then to 2009. You can try using BizTalk Adapter Migration Toolkit to migrate AICs and for map you can directly rename the map to MAP.btm, (Wizard not required just for MAP), it will create the referencing Schema once you open the map. But you need to change the VB Scripts. you can try adding Namespace(for predefined functions, wherever applicable) as after 2002 Microsoft added Namespaces to the predefined functions.

let me know if it hepls.

Ajeet Kumar
    Friday, June 19, 2009 7:12 PM
  • Thanks for your comment Ajeet.

Am doing the way you suggest,i use to migrate from BTS02 to BTS06R2 then open that project in BTS09.

The main problem am facing here is ,am working on EDI Schemas and i have custom x12 schemas (BTS 06 schemas not having ISA and GS segments),but mine has ISA and GS segment.

we are using GS02 and  GS03 values inside the MAP.so those fileds are very importants to us.

just finished the 837I map but have to re do the map again,i was trying to cut down the work.

Basically if you modify you x12 schemas the links get broke in the map,so eventually you have to re do it.

Thanks
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 2:24 PM
  • Its always good to align yourself with Standard, will get the benefits shipped with it.

If you want to preserve the ISA and GS segment in your schema, you can do that, but have to do some work around.
    Follow this link http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkediandas2/thread/8e862469-fa00-41ee-b59e-13af6c1f794b .

But then also I would suggest to go ahead with using standard X12 (without ISA and GS)
    Ajeet Kumar
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 3:09 PM
  • yep i agree with you,i would like to keep the standard format but i ask me to change the format and add the ISA and GS segment.(meaning keep the same like Biztalk 2002 format)

Thanks for the link,look like it gives more information about to handle multiple ST/SE segment,in my case am gonna handle only one claim at a time,it means each claim has only one ST and SE segement.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 3:18 PM