none
Visual Studio crashes when trying to open axml files.

Question

• I've been trying to work on learning Xamarin development, but whenever I create a new Android <g class="gr_ gr_11 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="11" id="11">project,</g> when I try to open up the main<g class="gr_ gr_10 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="10" id="10">.<g class="gr_ gr_8 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="8" id="8">axml</g></g> file, all of Visual Studio freezes up and I have to exit. I've tried this with multiple <g class="gr_ gr_9 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="9" id="9">axml</g> files, and the same thing happens every time. I don't think it is a problem with only the designer, as I'm not able to view the code, either. Any insight into what might be happening?

Monday, June 04, 2018 5:02 PM

All replies

• Open your visual studio installer and select Xamarin cross platform and then modify, this will re install missing dependencies.

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 5:05 AM