none
Sub application with in main Application in Asp.Net RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am looking for the info on the creating a asp.net sub application under a mail application.

If i create virtual directory under another one in iis 6, how will that have impact on the app domain, memory etc

Will they both share same app domain, i think yes so far. is there any documentation available on this to understand if its a good architecture or not

thanks

Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:27 AM

All replies

• I guess, They will share the same app domain since they will be running in same application pool.
    Monday, October 3, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Hi,

You are going to create a sub application under the main application, which is going to have common configuration file.

when you host your application on the IIS serverver, All the sub Application request also will be routed though the main app only.

Obiously, the application pool will be common for the main application and sub appliction.

Because of the common application pool, the worker process are also common for both the applications.

Refer the following Microsoft technet url to understand more on the application pool

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/67e39bd8-317e-4cf6-b675-6431d4425248.mspx?mfr=true

by having the common appliction pool and workerprocess, both the application can easily switch the context, share the memory.

Regards

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 6:52 AM