none
Lock down additional driver installs RRS feed

• Question

• When i prep machines, is there afterwards some kind of command or trick, to disable the installation of devices for which there are no drivers in the image ?  (to protect against miss use of our image).

I want to make sure our custommer wont be buying our Wes then changes it to do common windows software and hardware installs on it. As he bought a complete solution from us wich he shouldnt temper with.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:53 AM

All replies

• It's hard to limit customers to do something on their machine they bought. They can install any software and hardware they want. EWF or FBWF maybe keep you avoid software installation, but they are not the root cause.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 12:04 PM
  • Well they did bought software from us with a WES pc
    But i need to be able to ristrict them from using the WES images for unintended purposes.
    Including altering software / or altering custom made drivers and dissallow them to instal 3th party drivers.
    Drivers that might work but who we have not agreedupon with our software development.

For example they shouldnt be able to add different usb videocapture, and should not be allowed to install office on it. or other software. (they commited to that by contract, but we notice some strange drivers lately).

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 2:03 PM
  • If you lock down the system with custom shell, security policy restrictions on hardware, and the lockdown features, then it might be possible.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 4:25 PM