Problem i have found in translate animation for high resolution devies.(Windows 8 ,Visual studio 2012)

Question

• This is a sample  showing the problem i have got in animation  for high resolution devies.This can be replicated in emulator with screen resolution slection as 23" 1920X1080 (device dell XPS 12 ").If the translate animation is from -1920 to 1920 in X direction or -1080 to 1080 in Y direction then the frame above the animating frame is shifted or visibility is changed even there is no animation set for that image.This happens for images whose dimensions  is exactly 1920X1080(the animating and non animating image both should be this dimensions) and to the frame that is just above the animating frame.

the StoryBoard is as follows :

<Storyboardx:Name="Storyboard1">

<

DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.RenderTransform).(CompositeTransform.TranslateX)"Storyboard.TargetName="plane1">

<EasingDoubleKeyFrameKeyTime="0"Value="-1920"/>

<EasingDoubleKeyFrameKeyTime="0:0:3"Value="1920"/>

</DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

</Storyboard>

the design is as below :

<

GridBackground="LightBlue">

<Canvas>

<!--Dimensions of this image is 1920 X 1080-->

<!--Animation target is this image-->

<Imagex:Name="plane1"Source="SAS_Boeing_737-300.png" >

<Image.RenderTransform>

<CompositeTransform/>

</Image.RenderTransform>

</Image>

<!--Dimensions of this image is 1920 X 1080-->

<Imagex:Name="plane2"Source="KLM_Boeing_737-300.png"  />

<Imagex:Name="clouds"Source="Cloud_PNG_Clipart_Picture.png"  />

</Canvas>

</Grid>

In the above sample the "

plane1" is animating and there is no animation for "plane2" but the plane2will be shifted outside the screen or disapper  after the animation.

If i change the animation  final value less than 1920(like  1919.9999 )then it will work fine.If the final value is 1920 or above then the issuse can be seen easily.

• Edited by jashif Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:12 AM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:56 AM

Answers

• I used Windows 8.1. It sounds like you may be running into a bug that has been fixed. Can you upgrade to Windows 8.1? If not then change your image size by one as you mention in your initial post.

• Marked as answer by jashif Friday, March 7, 2014 9:18 AM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:13 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Can you please post a minimal repro sample to your OneDrive and share a link and exact repro steps? I'm not sure I understand what you're expecting and how it differs from the actual results here.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:00 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Rob,

I will upload the sample,

We are using windows 8 and Visual studio 2012

In the sample we created a translate animation for a image (which is high resolution 1920x1080) what happens is when the translate animation completes the image object behind the animating image will move from screen. this is happening devices which are above 10"  highresolution. 

please find the sample from the link

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=AAA2A33D9C4F7026%21188

make sure when you run in emualtor u need to select 23'' 1920x1080

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 5:33 AM
  • Hi Jashif,

I'm not able to reproduce any obvious problem at any resolution in the emulator (including 23" 1920x1080).

In all cases I see the same thing: the SAS airplane animates from behind the KLM airplane and flies off screen to the right, leaving just the KLM plane and the clouds (and in some aspect ratios the tail of the SAS plane, since the animation doesn't go far enough to exit the wide screens, but I don't think that's what you're talking about).

In none of the resolutions do I see plane2 shifting, although since scaled bitmaps aren't provided they don't always fill the screen perfectly to begin with. That isn't related to the animation though.

--Rob

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 6:28 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Rob ,

Thanks for the reply.

Have you tried in windows 8 or windows 8.1.

We are facing this issue in windows 8 only.If you need we will record a video and send.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:41 AM
  • I used Windows 8.1. It sounds like you may be running into a bug that has been fixed. Can you upgrade to Windows 8.1? If not then change your image size by one as you mention in your initial post.

• Marked as answer by jashif Friday, March 7, 2014 9:18 AM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:13 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply. In windows 8.1 this bug is not there. 

Friday, March 7, 2014 9:19 AM