Self Deploying Application RRS feed

• Question

• User-1173658709 posted

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this topic but, I'm looking for the best way to make an asp.net application deploy itself or use another application (or service) to deploy it. Meaning, copy the release version of the application programmatically from a repository (could be a simple folder) to a newly made directory, make a virtual directory that points to that directory and set all the bindings and settings programmatically.

There are SaaS companied out there that I know of that do this, I just don't know how they do it.

Take 3dcart (www.3dcart.com) for example, when you sign up with them, they create your store programmatically and allow you to access it.

I hope I've explained this enough for someone to be able to point me to the right direction.

Please let me know if you had any questions.

Thanks,

Hiva

Saturday, February 25, 2012 4:20 PM

All replies

• User-101068015 posted

Hi

I think Asp.net can achieve this.

And we usually use IIS to deploy the asp.net application.

You want to create your own stroe in asp.net.

You can create a directory in local:

Directory.CreateDirectory(Server.MapPath("../A ")); 

Or create the record in your sql server and use querystring to load the data:

like :

www.yoursite.com/website1.aspx?userName=hnnp14

the website1 will get your user name and then show your own store.

sorry if I mis-understand.

Hope it helpful.

Monday, February 27, 2012 2:41 AM
  • User-1173658709 posted

Hi Dino,

Thank you for replying, unfortunaly I'm looking more for the following senorio. Since you made an store example I'll also do it with that.

1. Customer signs up for a store from for example www.MyCarts.com
    2. MyCarts.com will run a script which copies a complete compiled solution from a repository (a simple folder that contains the latest stable version of the store) to a new location, lets say E:\Stores\CustomerStore
    3. MyCarts.com will also make this new folder into a new site (not a virtural folder)
    4. MyCarts.com will bind www.CustomerStore.com to this newly created site

I do realize that the customer at this point would have to point the DNS records of the www.CustomerStore.com to the right DNS

again, Thank you guys for the help and hope someone knows how to do this :)

Thanks,

Hiva

Monday, February 27, 2012 10:20 PM