none
Problem: VSTO Outlook Addin; setup in a server/unc path, updates server machine but not user machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I've got a VSTO Outlook addin and I've used windows installer as its platform for deployment. I setup the server to install it and its directory path would be in a UNC path so all users can access the .vsto and install it on user end machines. Now assuming I have 1 user machine that has all prerequisites installed and locating the UNC path, I installed the addin by running the .vsto file.

My problem is, when I update the server machine by copying the latest addin dll, dll.manifest and vsto file, it gets updated, but the user machines do not get the update.

I know that the current addin installed on the user machine was the old vsto and I have installed the addin by running the vsto instead of the windows installer used by the server.

My question is how does the server interpret the vsto file? and what are the differences between the two addins? I checked the registry, and installed programs are different which may be the case, but the path location of the Outlook addin active tab are the same on both ends.

I want to implement a solution on my user ends to use the updated vsto file, and I need some useful tips on this one. :/

• Edited by Khem Oco Friday, September 28, 2012 3:50 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 3:49 AM

Answers

All replies