none
Stop listening? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to get the Kinect to stop listening or better ignore it's own audio output? Currently, it is accepting commands and giving verbal feedback, but it's feedback is being mistaken as input. Anyone know of a good way to prevent this? I've gone through the docs and haven't been able to make anything work. I'm using the array only with no AEC (since there is normally no sound; only after I have already issued a command). I'm doing this in C#. Any help is appreciated!
    Friday, October 14, 2011 1:22 PM

Answers

• I would recommend using array+AEC configuration to get rid of problem. I understand that this results in errors when sound is only sporadically coming out of speakers, so a workaround is to always be playing silence in a loop in the background. This approach is shown in the bottom of this thread (look for simpleSound.PlayLooping call): http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-MY/kinectsdkaudioapi/thread/f184a652-a63f-4c72-a807-f9770fdf57f8 Unfortunately with Beta SDK you have to do this kind of workaround. We are aware of this issue, so hopefully it will be gone in versions at some point in the future. Eddy
    I'm here to help
    Monday, October 17, 2011 7:42 PM