Support for Thai language in Windows CE pocket PC RRS feed

• Question

• Currently I have an issue with localization in Windows CE PDA. The Thai customers would like to be able to see messages and captions in their mother language.

Thai is not supported in the purchased devices by default. The language is not available in the regional settings of the OS; the Thai texts are displayed with squares instead of letters.

According to the FAQ topic Localization Problem Summarize, the only way to support a language not supported by the operating system in Windows CE is to "go to your local store and purchase device localized in related language. Another possibility is some 3<sup>rd</sup> party localization package which you might be able to install into ENU device and get it localized in related language.".

To buy localized devices is not an option for us.

I've tried then to install a localization package downloaded from Internet and it worked well, the text appears translated.

The problem is that this language pack was downloaded from Internet, not from Microsoft, and the company doesn't allow usage of packages from non-official software suppliers.

Does Microsoft have any localization package for Windows CE in Thai?

Monday, September 22, 2014 6:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Juliana F. ,

I don't find any localization Thai package from the official site.

>>The language is not available in the regional settings of the OS; the Thai texts are displayed with squares instead of letters.

However, you can check this document:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ms903814

Windows CE provides the support for Complex Scripts and allows run-time images to be created for Thai.

And this:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms903805.aspx

Specialized word break and justification refers to scripts that have complex rules for dividing words between lines or justifying text on a line. Thai is such a script.

Filtering out invalid character combinations occurs when a language does not allow certain character combinations. Thai is such a script.

I think there may some settings you need to change. This forum is to discuss general  development issues related to the Windows Mobile Platform. I suggest you ask the local store about the settings.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Juliana F. _ Monday, September 29, 2014 5:31 PM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 9:43 AM