locked
Form Formula disable on Form Service RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi expert, 

      I created a form include summary field, it's working fine on preview of Infopath. but after upload to SharePoint, the formula disable.

    for example, I have a field to input mileage, then another field will show "mileage Total$". but on "Infopath Form Service", this filed still show 0.00

    after "Mileage" field input. do I short something setting ?

    Thanks


    James Liang

    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:50 PM

Answers

  • Hi James,

    The solution can be a configuration parameter setup on IE 8. As per your descriptions it Seems like IE 8 has different browser settings modes. These modes, if not configured correctly, could cause display issues. In your case the document mode and browser mode were different. We set the document and browser modes to IE 8.

    I'm sure there are many articles on this new IE 8 feature. Here's one that helped us understand this setting.

    Browser Modes

    http://www.nczonline.net/blog/2010/01/19/internet-explorer-8-document-and-browser-modes

    Please reply in case of not resolve the issue.


    Krishana Kumar http://www.mosstechnet-kk.com

    • Marked as answer by JamesLiang Thursday, May 31, 2012 5:31 PM
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:59 AM

All replies

  • Hi James,

    Based on your description, I try to reproduce the issue, but it works fine. After I upload the form from Upload form template which is included in InfoPath Form Services to SharePoint successfully , I don’t do any more settings. You can try it again. If it does not work, please give me more information about how you set your form field and how you publish your form.

    Thanks,
    Qiao


    Qiao Wei

    TechNet Community Support

    Friday, May 18, 2012 9:04 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi James,

    It sounds like a post-back issue.  Right click the field that you input the mileage into > properties > browser forms.  For the post-back setting of when to send data to the server select "Always".  Then re-publish your form. 

    Thanks,

    Melissa

    Friday, May 18, 2012 5:28 PM
  • Hi Melissa,

      I recreate a field to instead of old one. on this field, I set Data -> Default Value = Mileage * 0.555, Dispaly -> Enable AutoComplete, Browser -> Always.

    but still has problem. Do I need enable something on Central Administrator ? because original form still working fine on our SharePoint.

    Thanks


    James Liang

    Thursday, May 24, 2012 3:53 PM
  • Hi James,

    as per your description, there is very basic mistake so can you please check the data type or field type of both the field [Field type set to Number or currency].

    if problem is persist, please describe the steps you are following.


    Krishana Kumar http://www.mosstechnet-kk.com

    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:47 AM
  • Hi All Expert,

      I found that is my IE problem. on other PC, it's working fine.so does anybody knows how to fix this problem on my PC ?

    I use Win & prof & IE8.

    Thanks


    James Liang

    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:14 PM
  • Hi James,

    The solution can be a configuration parameter setup on IE 8. As per your descriptions it Seems like IE 8 has different browser settings modes. These modes, if not configured correctly, could cause display issues. In your case the document mode and browser mode were different. We set the document and browser modes to IE 8.

    I'm sure there are many articles on this new IE 8 feature. Here's one that helped us understand this setting.

    Browser Modes

    http://www.nczonline.net/blog/2010/01/19/internet-explorer-8-document-and-browser-modes

    Please reply in case of not resolve the issue.


    Krishana Kumar http://www.mosstechnet-kk.com

    • Marked as answer by JamesLiang Thursday, May 31, 2012 5:31 PM
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:59 AM