Video Booth RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I need to develop touch screen application in .net like video booth.  Where user can post pictures and videos those can be modified as per user requirements.   User can change the effects of those images and video clips.  Can any one help to implements this application.  I need suggestion how to implement this either in windows application or in web. 

Anyone has tips, hints, or other traps that I might need to be aware of. All help is truly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.
    Y.Jeevan Rao
    • Moved by Karel ZikmundMicrosoft employee Monday, October 26, 2009 3:38 PM Wrong forum (From:Building Development and Diagnostic Tools for .Net)
    • Moved by eryang Tuesday, October 27, 2009 7:38 AM wrong forum (From:Common Language Runtime)
    Monday, October 26, 2009 11:24 AM

All replies

• You could implement this like any other Windows application.  You should probably break it down into a few steps.

For example:

1) Photo / Video Capture
    2) Photo / Video Effects
    3) Touch interaction

For capture, you could use something like Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).  There's a good example that showd how to use WIC from .Net here.

For effects, you could use the WPF bitmap effects or Direct2D effects like opacity masks.  If you use WPF, you need to design your application using WPF, if you use D2D, you need to get the code pack from MSDN to access the D2D managed wrappers.

For touch interaction, you could use Windows Touch, this would enable gesture support for pinch / zoom, and so on.  There isn't much in terms of managed wrappers in Windows Touch (this is the current wrapper), but, the .Net framework 4 Beta 2 includes updated references.  Make sure you look at the Windows Touch interaction guidelines when adding fit and finish to your application.

Hope this helps,
    Gus

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:48 PM
  • Hi Gclassy,

Thanks for your replay.  I don't have any idea how to implement touch screen application.  I need your valuable suggestion to implement touch screen application.  I have few doubts, those are

1.  How to design the application for the touch screen.
    2.  How to manage click events(finger touch) in the application.
    3.  How to fix the screen size for the touch screen.

Please help me to implement touch screen application.

Regards,
    Y.Jeevan Rao
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:30 AM