What is the alternative for system.componentmodel.expandableobjectconverter in WinRT.?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been working on a metro app, which imports google contacts. For this I need system.componentmodel.expandableobjectconverter. Learnt from some of the articles that this has been suppressed due to security reasons.. So What will be the alternative for this namespace for using in a metro app??

• Moved by Jesse_F Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:38 PM development (From:Windows Store: Publishing Metro Style apps for Windows 8)
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

please check out this thread

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithcsharp/thread/f8a0af25-7141-4339-8889-b791166f450e/

Unfortunately, there is no alternate mechanism right now but they are considering it for the future.

In general, are you directly using the expandableobjectconverter class or indirectly via the google.gdata.client namespace?

much appreciated,

mike

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:49 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.. I am using the namespace indirectly via the google.gdata.client namespace.. Actually am trying to retrieve google contacts in a metro app  for which i need the above namespace.. Kindly guide me the alternative to do this....

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 5:33 AM