DASL Search in outlook 2007 addin does not work for mounted mailboxes RRS feed

• Question

• We are using programmatic DASL searches to filter contacts based on MAPI properties. In outlook 2007 add-in the search is ignoring the filter conditions and returns all the contacts all the time if the contacts folder is from a mounted mailbox.

The same search made on the current users contacts folder, the filters work fine.

We had a same issue with outlook 2003 but after the update http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973705 search worked fine for both current user and the mounted mailboxes.

Is there any counterpart update for outlook 2007 ?? Or is there any other way of fixing this issue ??

• Edited by Srivatsa Katta Friday, October 29, 2010 11:07 AM
    • Moved by Bessie Zhao Monday, November 1, 2010 1:36 AM for better support (From:Visual Studio Tools for Office)
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:46 AM

Answers

• Start here: http://support.microsoft.com/select/Default.aspx?target=assistance

When you get an email back from someone, point them to this thread and ask them to assign the case directly to me.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Patrick Microsoft Online Community Support
    Friday, October 29, 2010 12:31 PM

All replies

• There is an existing bug open in our database for Office 2007 (and 2010). I have added your request that this be ported to the bug to help give it more weight and consideration for a future update.

Thanks for the feedback!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Patrick Microsoft Online Community Support
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:16 PM
  • Actually, Srivatsa, would you be willing to open a support case on this? The dev team wants a hotfix request filed to actually do the work in Office 2007 (for which I need a support case). This would be the fastest path to a fix for you as well. Otherwise, they may or may not decide to fix it in a future SP.

Thursday, October 28, 2010 9:32 PM
  • Patrick,

Thanks for the response, I would be happy to open a support case.

Can you please let me know what is the process of doing so ??

Friday, October 29, 2010 11:08 AM
  • Start here: http://support.microsoft.com/select/Default.aspx?target=assistance

When you get an email back from someone, point them to this thread and ask them to assign the case directly to me.

Friday, October 29, 2010 12:31 PM