none
Missing headers in ReportViewer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm facing a strange problem with the ReportViewer control in VS2008. My report has a simple header with one static text field and 2 variable text fields. I populate these 2 variable text fields using 2 hidden text fields on the body since header fields directly cannot access variable data.

Everything is fine and working untill now. Now, I just added a blank table to the report. It resulted in an error saying that the DataSetName section cannot be empty. So, in the table properties, I added the dataset name and the error vanished. Now, when I run the report form, to my surprise, the variable fields on the header (which is actually current date and bill number) are missing. I just tried removing the table and they reapper without problems! What's going wrong here? Any solutions?

Thanks

Dileep Balakrishnan

• Edited by Dileep Krishnan Friday, August 12, 2011 7:14 PM Spelling mistake
    Friday, August 12, 2011 7:14 PM

All replies

• Is this the page header or table header?
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:57 PM
  • Hello Daniel,

Sorry for my delayed response - I had kind of lost my hope in ReportViewer :( Then, to answer your question, I'm talking about page header. If you want I can send you a sample project which demonstrates this problem.

Thanks

Dileep Balakrishnan

Saturday, August 20, 2011 8:14 PM