none
Don't move my data to BizTalkDTADB RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

As we know, When tracking is enabled, the Tracking Data Decode Service (TDDS) moves the tracking event data from the BizTalk Server MessageBox database to the BizTalk Server tracking database(BizTalkDTADB). 

I have created a different host which is responsible for tracking purpose. My question is when I disable group level tracking , will TDDS move the tracking event data from the BizTalk Server MessageBox database to the BizTalk Server tracking database.

I don't want to move any data from BizTalk Server MessageBoxDB to BizTalkDTADB. What should I do for it ?

Thanks in advance !

Thanks

Monday, September 11, 2017 11:23 AM

All replies

• I don't want to move any data from BizTalk Server MessageBoxDB to BizTalkDTADB

What is the purpose of this unsupported and really absolute not recommended request?

Please note if you do not move processed message from MsgBoxDB to DTA your host instances will eventually start to throttle due to too many message in the queues

Disable the DTA BizTalk job and you will soon learn the consequences

/Peter

Monday, September 11, 2017 11:47 AM
  • Hi Peter,

Just want to know if I  disable group level tracking , will TDDS move the tracking event data from the BizTalk Server MessageBox database to the BizTalk Server tracking database.

Thanks

Monday, September 11, 2017 12:08 PM
  • Group Level Tracking: From BizTalk Documentation

Turning off global tracking disables the tracking interceptors for the entire BizTalk Server group. This means, BizTalk Server will not track events in its tracking tables.

NB! You will not be able to track any documents in BizTalk if you choose to this 

Why do you want to mess around with tracking in BizTalk, do you have isssues, or?

/Peter

Monday, September 11, 2017 12:16 PM
  • Hi Peter,

I am doing this for optimization purpose so that it will not impact any performance.

Thanks

Monday, September 11, 2017 12:27 PM
  • You need a dedicated host for tracking (no adapter usage)

Disable Pipeline tracking and Orchestration shape start/stop tracking
    Also ommit tracking the message body

Default tracking doesn't put too much strain on your system and nice to have if you need to check a flow through BizTalk

Check this article for Performance Optimization
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc594552%28v=bts.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

/Peter

Monday, September 11, 2017 12:36 PM
  • Hi,

What performance issues have you faced??

Are you tracking entire message bodies on the artifacts?

Shed some light on the tracking that you have used so that we can suggest better alternative.

Disabling group level tacking will disable tracking for all the artifacts under that Biztalk group\, I am pretty sure you dont want to do that as the basic tracking for the artifacts some times is blessing in disguise to tace the flow of messages for particular app

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, September 11, 2017 1:58 PM
  • Hi Shivay,

To answer your question , will disabling group level tracking have effect on TDDS service - YES, as no tracking will be done. It is mandatory to have it enabled, if at all tracking is required. 

When tracking is enabled, BizTalk Server tracking engine inserts the message in the Tracking Database along with their instance id and activity ids and it is done with the help of TrackedMessages_Copy_BizTalkMsgBoxDb which periodically copies message bodies from MessageBox to tracking database (BizTalkDTADb) and it is this job which makes message bodies available to WMI and tracking queries.

Tracked data other than message bodies are moved from the BizTalkMsgBoxDb to the BizTalkDTADb  by TDDS(Tracking Data Decode Service) service which runs in the BizTalk Server hosts. 
    If a host is configured as Hosts Tracking  then TDDS sub-service will run in every instance of that host.

Note: BizTalkDTADb Tracking database stores tracked data that has already been processed through the MessageBox database.

_________

Maheshkumar S Tiwari|User Page|Blog|BizTalk Developer getting started with Logic App

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 9:26 AM
  • Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses.

Just want to know if global host tracking is off and we created a host which property allow host tracking is on.

So in this case, will message move from MessageBox to tracking DB ?

If no, then how long the message will remain in message box ?

If global tracking is on then message will move from message box to tracking db and that message will be deleted from message box instantly.Is this statement correct ?

How long that message will remain in tracking DB ?

Thanks in advance !

Thanks

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 11:49 AM
  • If Global Tacking is off no tracking will occur for the whole group, enabling tracking on any host in group will have no effect
    The DTA job copies data from MsgBoxDb to BizTalkDTADb

From the BizTalk documentation:

Turning off global tracking disables the tracking interceptors for the entire BizTalk Server group.
    This means, BizTalk Server will not track events in its tracking tables.

As soon as BizTalk is done processing a message it is removed from the queues in the MsgBoxDb, this is done by standard BizTalk SQL Server Agent Jobs

Ref:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/919776/description-of-the-sql-server-agent-jobs-in-biztalk-server

/Peter

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 12:56 PM