none
Having problems accessing child nodes of infbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to get to the child nodes of an infobox so that I can dynamically change the size of said infobox to match the size of its children.

When I try and do this, I hit a brick wall, as the object in which the child nodes is stored sometimes changes its name on page refresh. Sometimes it is cm1012_etr, sometimes it's cm1017_etr. Is this intentional to prevent people getting to them? Or is it a bug? Is there any other way for me to get to them? I can't use jQuery because the identifier search runs before the infobox is fully added to the page.

Thanks!

Friday, June 29, 2012 11:33 AM

Answers

• First off, which Bing Maps API are you using? Once we know that it will be easier to help you. Note there are two JavaScript API's v6.3 & v7. You should not need to access any of the dynamically created elements of the map control directly. Doing so will almost certainly cause your application to break in the future. If you are usingv6.3 and this is a new development then I would strongly urge you to use the v7 AJAX control as it is much newer and will be the focus of future updates.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Friday, June 29, 2012 12:45 PM