WDP Incompatibility with JMicron Ethernet Adapter

Question

• I have installed WDP onto ASUS K52D computer and found out that I can not install the OEM's JMicron wired LAN adapter into the new system.(In Windows 7 it gets installed to the Program Files (x86) folder not System32, so even there you have to install it separately if you need to re-install the system). The message that I'm getting in Windows 8 when I'm trying to run the setup software reads "Fail to Cal ProcInitSetupArg!" I have a Wi-Fi so I have no problems connecting to the Internet. Just wanted to make this issue known since I believe this problem might be encountered by other ASUS computer owners.
    Vladimir Shipitsyn
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:06 PM

Answers

• It's up to the manufacturer to release new drivers compatible with Windows 8.

Since Windows 8 has not been released yet not all drivers are going to work with it. Some drivers are very specific about the operating system version, so you might have to wait until they release Windows 8 drivers (if they make them for your model).

If the drivers don't install, try installing them in compatibility mode.

Troubleshoot Compatibility

This can help with some (but not all) programs/drivers:
    1) Uninstall the program if it's already installed. Then when you install/reinstall it instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
    2) Then click "Try Recommended Settings" and in the next windows click "Start the Program" to install it.
    3) After it installs see if it works correctly. Please note - some programs may not be able to run in Windows 8.

• Marked as answer by chipvlad Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:19 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by chipvlad Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by chipvlad Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:20 PM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:10 PM

All replies

• It's up to the manufacturer to release new drivers compatible with Windows 8.

Since Windows 8 has not been released yet not all drivers are going to work with it. Some drivers are very specific about the operating system version, so you might have to wait until they release Windows 8 drivers (if they make them for your model).

If the drivers don't install, try installing them in compatibility mode.

Troubleshoot Compatibility

This can help with some (but not all) programs/drivers:
    1) Uninstall the program if it's already installed. Then when you install/reinstall it instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
    2) Then click "Try Recommended Settings" and in the next windows click "Start the Program" to install it.
    3) After it installs see if it works correctly. Please note - some programs may not be able to run in Windows 8.

• Marked as answer by chipvlad Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:19 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by chipvlad Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by chipvlad Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:20 PM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:10 PM
  • I have tried to run the setup in Windows 7 compatibility mode and it worked. Thank you!
    Vladimir Shipitsyn
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:21 PM