Editor window position RRS feed

• General discussion

• Every time I launch Small Basic  I have to reposition the environment window. I get it all set the way I want it and then exit out, but when I relaunch it my changes aren't persisted. Is there a preference or a registry setting I can adjust so that the environment remembers how I left it?

On behalf of my students and myself, thank you for SB.

Scott
    • Changed type Vijaye Raji Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:41 PM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:46 AM

All replies

• I'm good now. Sorry about the confusion. I tried to delete the original post, but got an error.
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:44 PM
  • What was the fix?
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:54 PM
  • What was the fix?
    Well, it wasn't so much a fix as a workaround. I simply modified the shortcut properties to open Small Basic maximized.

Am I the only person experiencing this minor problem?

I was thinking perhaps a registry permissions problem was preventing SB from writing some session state data. I don't mind letting go of the problem, but it would be nice to know if everyone experiences it or just me and my machines.

Thanks,

Scott
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 2:25 PM
  • This also applies to the loaded code pages too, each new opened code page insists on loading as if the pages are "cascading" even if only one code page is open.

Even if no code pages are open the next newly opened code page will assume its rank in the "cascading" position, even to the point of moving off screen if enough code pages are opened and or closed..

PS the bottom of the SB main screen always positions to the bottom of the display hiding the bottom portion behind the task-bar.
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 6:15 PM
  • This is near the top of my wish list for fixes.

1) Have the main window remember its last settings. Or at the very least, open so the that window is completely visible on screen. Position at the top rather then the bottom.

2) Reset the cascade of code windows more completely. When there are no windows open, open the next window in the top left of the main window. As it is, when grading projects, I have to periodically close out of small basic and relaunch because the new windows are no longer visible. They have cascaded completely off the screen.

Thanks for the work around Bridges. That should clear up some of the irritation.
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:43 PM
    Answerer
  • After playing some more with this i see that code pages do recycle back to 0,0 if the new position would be hidden ( off screen ).

While that works, id like to see a traditional windows task-bar kind of thing so we could minimize code windows to a button and they would remember their position when closed for proper re-positioning in traditional windows style.

I mean how many code windows would be open at any given time for an average person ??,  maybe 5 max.

Its all cosmetic but would function more as any windows user would expect :) .

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:54 PM