locked
Exposing Soap endpoint exception RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi forum!

    I have big troubles exposing soap endpoints for my ria services application.

    I simply wanted to check which steps are needed to create a ria services app which serves as the host for a silverlight 4 and for a windows phone 7 client application. So I started to create a new Silverlight 4 Business Application. I added 1 table to a new LinqToSql-Entity Model and added a domain service class with the auto generated select/insert/update/delete commands.

    Then I went over to the Silverlight 4 client-app. and dragged a grid onto the xaml and added the DomainDataSource which fills the grid when the form is loaded. Everything works fine until that point. When I start my app. the grid is loaded with the data from the DB as expected.

    Now I changed the web.config to expose the soap endpoints which my win phone 7 app shall consume later.
    Therefore I followed some internet tutorials and added these lines to the web.config:

    <configSections > <sectionGroup name="system.serviceModel" > <section name="domainServices" type="System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Hosting.DomainServicesSection, System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Hosting, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" requirePermission="false" /> </sectionGroup > </configSections >

    and:

    <domainServices> <endpoints > <add name="Soap" type="Microsoft.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Hosting.SoapXmlEndpointFactory, Microsoft.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Hosting, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" /> </endpoints > </domainServices >

    When I start my app now I get an unhandled exception of code 4004. I used fiddler 2.0 to get a more detailed exception text and it says:

    [MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.Type> System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Server.DomainServiceDescription.get_ComplexTypes()".]

    It would be great if someone could explain why this exception occurs and how to get rid of it.

    greets @all

     

    P.S.: Forgot to tell my system config:

    Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit / IIS7.0 / VS 2010 Professional / SL4 tools + RIA Services toolkit + RIA Services V1.0 SP1 Beta installed / Sql Server 2008 enterprise edition

    Monday, December 20, 2010 11:20 AM

Answers

  • Ok, I could solve the problem now. Once again reinstalling some stuff was the solution. I think there was some language-incompatibility. The exception was verry irritating! For those who stumble across the same exception here is what I reinstalled:

    - Silverlight 4 Tools for VS 2010

    - Silverlight 4 Developer Runtime

    - WCF RIA Services Toolkit

    - WCF RIA Services V1.0 for Visual Studio 2010

    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:20 AM

All replies

  • Ok, I could solve the problem now. Once again reinstalling some stuff was the solution. I think there was some language-incompatibility. The exception was verry irritating! For those who stumble across the same exception here is what I reinstalled:

    - Silverlight 4 Tools for VS 2010

    - Silverlight 4 Developer Runtime

    - WCF RIA Services Toolkit

    - WCF RIA Services V1.0 for Visual Studio 2010

    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:20 AM
  • Hi,

     I've got a specific article on this topic on my blog if you're interested in: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/davrous/archive/2010/12/03/how-to-open-a-wcf-ria-services-application-to-other-type-of-clients-the-soap-endpoint-3-5.aspx where I'm connectig a WPF & a Windows Phone 7 client to a RIA Services layer handling also the authentication cookie for the FBA.

    Bye,

    David

    Thursday, December 23, 2010 3:10 AM
  • Hi David,

    thanks a lot for the link. I will definetly have a look at it when I come back to the ria+wp7 tpoic. (have to to do another urgent job first).

    Bye

    Thursday, December 23, 2010 3:32 AM