Adding Interface Medadata to Virtual Camera RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone!

I am working on my Virtual Camera project and it appears my virtual cam does not give any details like the screenshot below. Can any of you give me any pointers on which interfaces need to be attached to the Stream or Pin to have these values exposed. I believe an Application I am trying to use is querying for this Data but does not see it and excludes it from the list, so I figure this is the first step to trying to resolve that issue.

Thursday, July 2, 2020 4:50 AM

All replies

• Hello AgentSmithers,

For PIN direction you can get it via IPin::QueryPinInfo. And for media types you can get them via IPin::EnumMediaTypes.

So the interface for these information you want to retrieve is IPin interface.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 3, 2020 1:32 AM
  • Thank you, Does this need to be exposed by the filter or the Pin that gets added within?
    Saturday, July 4, 2020 6:59 AM
  • Hello AgentSmithers,

This interface is exposed by all input and output pins.

Filter developers: The CBasePin, CBaseInputPin, and CBaseOutputPin classes implement this interface. Other base classes derive from these three classes.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 6, 2020 3:01 AM
  • Which information are you not seeing?  Everything you're showing there, except the version, is part of the standard DirectShow configuration process.  Every normal filter will have all of this.

Are you creating a user-mode source filter, or are you creating a KS driver?

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:13 AM
  • I am creating a user-mode source filter. I believe that is correct because my DLL/AX gets regsvr32 and loaded as a Video Capture Source,

The starting platform I am using is: https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/437617/DirectShow-Virtual-Video-Capture-Source-Filter-in

I then use the BaseClassesNET.dll to expose the DirectShowAPI's. However when registering my filter and viewing it, it appears it is not exposing all the correct interfaces to be detected as compatible as a normal webcam.

I named it Logitech to troubleshoot a programs compatibility with no success.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

Thursday, July 9, 2020 9:11 PM
  • Any additional input would be appreciated :)
    Monday, July 27, 2020 2:33 AM
  • Maybe rephrase the question, because you put it in a weird way.

There is too much wrong in the original post. You show a screenshot with registration information and ask about interface and pins.

http://alax.info/blog/tag/directshow

Monday, July 27, 2020 6:42 AM