none
Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417; Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a website project developed in VS 2008 in my local machine. I copied the project to a development server from my local machine. When I build the website from the development server I get the following error-

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)

I tried by adding the reference to that dll but still doesn't work

But if I open the prject from my local machine and build it, it builds fine.

I would appreciate if someone can help me address this issue.

Thanks 

Ripon

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 10:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Ripon,

Find the installation directory of Microsoft Enterprise Library and copy the missing DLL into your project bin directory and reference the assembly. The default installation directory is “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0\Bin”.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 25, 2014 2:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Ripon,

Find Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll file in the project on your local machine, in solution explorer, click the reference in the references list, right-click, properties and you will see the copy local property, set it to true, rebuild your project and copy to development server and try again. Please let me know the result.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:14 AM
  • Try setting "Copy Local" property of the assembly to true.

Mark Answered, if it solves your question and Vote if you found it helpful.
    Rohit Arora

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 9:38 AM
  • Thanks for the tips. Since this is a website not a website application, it does not have eference folder. All the dlls are stored in a bin folder and referenced from there. I know that When I add reference to a dll it goes to GAC. Now how do I set the "local Copy" to true in webiste that does not have the reference folder. This project was originally developed using VS 2005.

Thanks

Ripon

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 3:34 PM
  • Only way to access the reference is by right clicking on the project folder and go to the "Property Pages". In there I can see all the dlls under reference but there is option to set "local copy".

All the dlls are in the reference but from the code when I select a property and try to go to the defiinition of that property, it does not go to the object browser eventhough the dlls are in the object browser. For example, if I right click on the property "DataSet" and click on the Goto Definition, it should take me to object broweser where this property is defined. But it does not do anything.

This is kind of strange that it works fine when I compile it in my local machine but I get these porblems when I try to build the code from the server. The reason I have it in the server is to use source control.

Thanks

Ripon

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 5:57 PM
  • Hi Ripon,

Find the installation directory of Microsoft Enterprise Library and copy the missing DLL into your project bin directory and reference the assembly. The default installation directory is “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0\Bin”.

Regards,

Friday, April 25, 2014 2:46 AM