none
can I use a active-x commandbutton1_click () to execute a macro RRS feed

• Question

• hello everyone, I have not been able to tie down this answer from any books or resources.  Can I use a active-x commandbutton1_click () to execute a macro from a Visio document.  I place a Commandbutton1_click () on a visio document as the only type that is available, (In excel I can do this with a forms version), but not sure how to execute the macro in visio.  I have a total of 20 command buttons on this visio document and they all do specific work. Can anyone help me understand the logic and code structure?
    Saturday, January 10, 2015 1:39 AM

Answers

• Hi MST7001,

Base on my test, it is the same as the action in excel. We could generate the click event through these steps below:

1. Select Developer tab
    2. Click Design Mode
    3. Right click your command button=>CommandButton Object=>View Code

On the other hand, please make sure that file has macro enabled. You could save the file as VSDM file.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Visio, this issue more related to Office dev, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for Visio

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=officegeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Monday, January 12, 2015 6:32 AM
  • Hi MST7001,

Base on my test, it is the same as the action in excel. We could generate the click event through these steps below:

1. Select Developer tab
    2. Click Design Mode
    3. Right click your command button=>CommandButton Object=>View Code

On the other hand, please make sure that file has macro enabled. You could save the file as VSDM file.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:54 AM