none
What do I need to develop a PDF annotation software with C# on surface pro 3 which support gesture and pen device RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a new hand in C#. And now I want to build a PDF annotation app on a surface pro 3 with surface pen  for a research goal(--). it needs these functions:
    open file and view the pdf , free inking annotation tool(simple one color and one size) annotation history(used to change the transparent of annotation) .swipe, single tap and double tap figure gesture.
    I have find a PDF libary called pdfNet and use the .Net 4 version on VS 2013 express for desktop and find samples I want to refer to. But it is for desktop and doesn't contain pen or finger gestures. And I have find a surface 2.0 SDK but don't know it works well or not.
    So should I use VS express 2013  for desktop to write a win form or WPF  application, or use VS express 2013 for windows to develop a windows store app, or even use VS 2015 to develop a windows platform application?
    Tuesday, December 8, 2015 2:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Xingya Hsu,

>>And now I want to build a PDF annotation app on a surface pro 3 with surface pen  for a research goal(--).

>>So should I use VS express 2013  for desktop to write a win form or WPF  application, or use VS express 2013 for windows to develop a windows store app, or even use VS 2015 to develop a windows platform application?

Personally I don't think there is no good answer for this question, you can either implement the feature by WPF with Surface SDK or you can implement the functionality by Windows Store App, your scenario is not difficult so both of them can make it work.

You can ask at both of the forums to compare by yourself whether your requirements are difficult to make

WPF:https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=wpf

UWP:https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/home?forum=wpdevelop

However if you are not familiar with the Surface SDK, I would then suggest you with the Windows Store App or UWP app, since they are integrate with the gesture and make things easier for you.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 9:51 AM