none
How can I create a new BSP or use a sample in Win EC7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I am a newbie in Windows EC 7 develop, now I want to know how to create a new BSP or use a sample BSP in Win EC7?

My laptop OS is windows 7, and I already installed follow items

1.VS2008

2.VS2008 SP1

3. Win EC7 (Platform Builder inclouded)

In VS2008 I can only find

1."Tools>Platform Builder>Clone BSP,License Run Time Image..."

2. "File>New>Project>Platform Builder>OS Design"

Please tell me where or how to create a new BSP!

Thanks a lot

Steven

Email: slewei44@gmail.com

Thursday, March 8, 2012 6:32 AM

Answers

• Which reference platform you are using ?

1. There are some sample BSP's available with the installation of WEC7. You can use one among then as per your requirement. Select it and built the BSP

Create a OS design as and select a BSP "File>New>Project>Platform Builder>OS Design"

2. You can even clone any of the available BSP and create your own BSP. After you have created an OS Design and selected a BSP of your choice then clone it "Tools>Platform Builder>Clone BSP

3. You can get a BSP of your choice/your platform from the OEM  distributor  install it under  "WINCEROOT\platform" directory Create a new OS design then select this BSP and built it.

While creating a new OS design you need to carefully choose the type of device and modules from catalog items list.

Hope this will help you.

All the best !

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

• Marked as answer by slewei44 Friday, March 9, 2012 5:37 AM
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 9:56 AM

All replies

• You can have a start from clone a BSP. Please search "clone a BSP" in MSDN or internet.
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 9:14 AM
  • Which reference platform you are using ?

1. There are some sample BSP's available with the installation of WEC7. You can use one among then as per your requirement. Select it and built the BSP

Create a OS design as and select a BSP "File>New>Project>Platform Builder>OS Design"

2. You can even clone any of the available BSP and create your own BSP. After you have created an OS Design and selected a BSP of your choice then clone it "Tools>Platform Builder>Clone BSP

3. You can get a BSP of your choice/your platform from the OEM  distributor  install it under  "WINCEROOT\platform" directory Create a new OS design then select this BSP and built it.

While creating a new OS design you need to carefully choose the type of device and modules from catalog items list.

Hope this will help you.

All the best !

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

• Marked as answer by slewei44 Friday, March 9, 2012 5:37 AM
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 9:56 AM
  • Dear Sir

Thanks for your great help first! According your recommend, My reply as follow

Which reference platform you are using

i.MX53 Quick Start Board form Freescale.

But I don't have any OEM-BSP, so I try to build a new one from sample BSP.

This is what I am trying to do now.

But when I follow the "OS design Wizard ",I select "BSP Template: ARMv7" and click"Next" and click "Finish".

I face an error message as follow

Invalid parameters passed to Wince.bat.  Required environment variable(s) _TGTCPU, _TGTPROJ, _TGTPLAT was not set after executing command "call C:\WINCE700\public\COMMON\OAK\MISC\wince.bat ARMv7 CEBASE BSPTemplate").

It seems like  environment variable(s) setting problem. I google this message, but still can't find solution!

1. Am I miss any configuration file during install WEC7 or I need to link any file in ?

2. Should I change the wince.bat ?

Looking forward to yourresponse.

Best regards,

Steven from Taiwan

Friday, March 9, 2012 6:07 AM
  • Hi

I suggest you to ask your hardware vendor to provide you BSP.

If you are a novice, less likely to know how to modify the BSP in a short period of time

Best Regards,
    How Lin
    =======================================================

Saturday, March 31, 2012 7:03 PM
  • I also have this problem in a newly installed PC. So I open the command prompt, switch to the directory C:\WINCE700\public\COMMON\OAK\MISC\  and execute wince.bat x86 CEBASE VirtualPC. It show the following error.

'findstr' is not recognized as an internal or external command.

Then I found the article and followed it by adding 'C:\Windows\System32;' to the PATH environment variable. After I close all Visual Studio 2008 and reopen it again, the project wizard worked correctly.

Hope this can help.

Best Regards,

Jui-Yuan Su

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:19 AM
  • You can download freescale bsp here:

i.MX53 Quick Start Board form Freescale.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=WEIMX&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_TabI

IMX53_WCE700_1105_BSP_SOURCE 

It has sample project file.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 3:40 AM
  • You can clean the solution and build it again. The error may be a result of a conflict from your previous build so i suggest you to clean and build again
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 6:59 AM