Calendar

Question

• hi everybody i just want know how get a calendar not like the Date Piker but a calendar with  all days display ,and how save the select value in a xml file thank you 

• Edited by kaddev Saturday, February 1, 2014 2:52 AM
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:34 PM

Answers

• Hi ilyas,

Sorry for a late response. Not sure if I can help without getting more detail information, but I'd like try my best to provide some useful tutorials.

Quickstart: Sending a toast notification

Toast notifications sample

I think you may need try the sample and get to know how to send a toast notification, after that working with xml to find out a solution to read/write xml by WinJS, finally save the calendar selection date to your xml to test the whole app.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:13 AM

All replies

• hello for my fisrt question a just find the anser on the following link http://vortexwolf.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/windows-8-calendar-control/#comment-591

but i steel look how to save the select value in a xml file 

Thursday, January 30, 2014 1:39 PM
  • Hi Kadilldev,

Great, a JQuery solution for calendar.

How to save selected value in xml? Windows.Data.Xml.Dom should help you working with XML. For Saving the file to local storage, take a look at this: Quickstart: Reading and writing a file

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, January 31, 2014 6:16 AM
  • First thank you for you answer, but i steel disturbed, the idea is want buil a calendar alarm with a xml databas, this app will show a toast notification in the time saved on the xml file but now i do not know from where start thanks a lot for you help  
    Saturday, February 1, 2014 2:52 AM
  • Hi ilyas,

Sorry for a late response. Not sure if I can help without getting more detail information, but I'd like try my best to provide some useful tutorials.

Quickstart: Sending a toast notification

Toast notifications sample

I think you may need try the sample and get to know how to send a toast notification, after that working with xml to find out a solution to read/write xml by WinJS, finally save the calendar selection date to your xml to test the whole app.

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:13 AM