VBA fails on to load after update to 1708 - 8431.2079 with EPPlus generated Excel workbooks RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My name is Jan Källman. I'm coordinator for the EPPlus project, the largest DotNet open source project to generate Excel workbooks. It just came to my knowledge that VBA projects generated in EPPlus does not work in the latest versions of Excel. I tried with version 1708 - 8431.2079, and it fails to open the VBA project on load.

See issue here...

https://github.com/JanKallman/EPPlus/issues/5

I see that the VBA spec has been updated, but I assume that it is still supposed to be backward compatible? I'm pretty sure I can fix this problem in EPPlus (to follow any new specs), but it will not help any user that already has generated there workbooks with older versions of EPPlus. As this is a fairly large project with 2 miljon downloads on Nuget, I hope you give this your attention,  as I think this could have some impact (without knowing how many that uses the VBA functionality).

The issue is easily reproduced by running the sample project (C#) and open the sample 15 workbooks. Works in 1707 - 8326 2107, fails with 1708 - 8431.2079.

If you prefer I can attach the files to the issue on Github or send them by mail.

Thanks Jan

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Jan Källman,

This forum(Excel for Developers) is for development issues related to Excel Object Model and your problem is more related to Epplus library. Since Epplus is a third-part library, I would suggest you contact Epplus support team for help. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 28, 2017 6:20 AM
  • Hi Derick Karolak,

I can see that you had mentioned that filter applied via VBA get failed and also have some other issues.

I can understand that you are trying to informing Microsoft developers that new versions have some issues which needs to be corrected in future.

but here I want to inform you that this is not correct place to submit feedback regarding any bug.

we can provide suggestions for new features and submit feedback regarding bug in Excel user voice.

I suggest you to create a new thread with detailed information regarding the issue you facing currently and mentioned the steps to reproduce the issue.

the reason I am suggesting you to create a new thread because it is possible that your issue is different then this thread.

so other community members can get confused by viewing two different issues on same thread.

we will try to make a test with your provided steps and if we successfully reproduce it then we will provide you Excel User Voice link.

where you can submit your bug report.

further MSDN engineer will reproduce the issue and try to provide fix in next update.

thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:43 AM