Last Known Position RRS feed

• Question

• User59408 posted

Hi guys!

I am looking for a way to retrieve the last know position (coordinates).

I am developing application which shows different facilities near the user location. The case is that IGeoLocator is not working fast enough, especially if application is launched in the building.

Is there a way to retrieve the position with bad accuracy, maybe with just using mobile network or Wi-Fi?

Thank you for your help!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:00 PM

Answers

• User14 posted

Difficult to do anything about the speed, that is up to the device hardware. Not sure about all the platforms, but iOS geoloc does use all available mechanisms to get location (such as wifi, etc) IIRC.

Another hacky option could be for you to always store the last location that was used in the app, and start with that when the app is next opened. Prone to errors (especially if people take a plane trip in between) but gives you a starting point at least.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:16 PM

All replies

• User14 posted

Difficult to do anything about the speed, that is up to the device hardware. Not sure about all the platforms, but iOS geoloc does use all available mechanisms to get location (such as wifi, etc) IIRC.

Another hacky option could be for you to always store the last location that was used in the app, and start with that when the app is next opened. Prone to errors (especially if people take a plane trip in between) but gives you a starting point at least.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:16 PM
  • User59408 posted

Thank you for your suggestion, Craig. I think I will follow the way you are proposing. Anyway, seems to be, if I start listening of PositionChanged of IGeolocator, it faster retrieve the position.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:32 PM