Error publishing SignalR project [could not find Owin.Host.HttpListener.xml ]? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1907625248 posted

Whenever I try to publish the signalr project it gives me the following error 

Error	1	Copying file bin\Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.xml to obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\bin\Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.xml failed. Could not find file 'bin\Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.xml'.		0	0	SignalRChat

while it works fine on localhost or I can debug it without this error. 

Thanks, 

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 5:46 AM

Answers

• User61956409 posted

Hi vakas-rana,

Whenever I try to publish the signalr project it gives me the following error 

Error	1	Copying file bin\Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.xml to obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\bin\Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.xml failed. Could not find file 'bin\Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.xml'.		0	0	SignalRChat

According to the error message, it seems that the Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.xml file copying failed. So please check if Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.xml is in your application bin folder. If the file could be found in the bin folder, you could try to manually copy it to your publish package. If the file is not existing, you may need to install/update Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener/

Besides, the Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.xml seems in the packages folder like this.

Best Regards,

Fei Han

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, July 2, 2015 1:43 AM