Expressions Studio 4 HELP RRS feed

• Question

• I bought the software ages ago and have been using it on my computer. No problems. LOVE IT.

I just bought another laptop (same specs - Toshiba, Win 7) I put the Expressions CD in and uploaded the software onto new laptop. It asked for my activation code so I put it in. Accepted  it ALL WORKING PERFECTLY.

Then yesterday - a message says you have 'no days left'. I put the activation code in again. But now the message says - you have used this on too many computers.  So, NOW the software wont work.

People have to upgrade to new computers without losing their software??? I have upgraded once before since buying the Expressions software

Today I rang the Microsoft numbers (Australia) as the message suggested. Two of them are no longer functioning and the one that does work doesn't offer any help with Expressions. I got thru to speak to someone in Tech support who handles OFFICE and after long explanations getting him to understand me - he finally gave me a 1800 9365800 (Australia) to ring for help with Expressions. That number is DEFUNCT. Great.

Anyone have any idea of what i can do? It is still working on the old laptop, of course. In desperation today, to handle something on my website, I had to go back to the old laptop which isn't working very well (the reason I bought  new one!!) just so I could upload something on my website

HELP?

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 2:03 AM

All replies

• There were a limited number of computers you could use the paid versions on, and you seem to have exceeded them.  But don't worry, there is a solution.  The last and final version of Expression Web 4 is completely free and never needs an activation code. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36179  Scroll down past the ad to see the download link.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 3:56 AM
  • Great. Thank you. Much appreciated.

It says Trial in the download name but I guess that is incorrect.

I uninstalled the old one and have installed this. 

Thanks again

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 8:11 AM
  • Yes, the file has "trial" in the name, but that's just because that was always the name for the EW file.  It's not a trial, and you are now all set.  : )

Kathleen Wilber

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 1:13 PM
  • As far as I know, you still cannot save as mp4 or use hardware encoding without activating as fully featured pro.
    • Edited by coldwash Tuesday, November 20, 2018 10:49 AM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2018 10:35 AM
  • coldwash,

I have no idea what your post was about.  The question was about using Expression Web.

Kathleen Wilber

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 8:11 PM