none
One Testserver - One Client with more then one OS RRS feed

• Question

• We want to Test our Drivers for Windows 7 and Windows 8

We have allready a Clientmachine where is Windows 8 Installed. We want to use the same Testmachine now for Certification of our Windows 7 Drivers. So i made a Backup of the Win8 OperatingSystem and then we formated HDD and installed Windows 7 + HCK Client.

But the Server still remembers the old Win8 machine. He saw, that the Computername is changed, but the plattform is still Windows8 64x.

-----------------------------------

When i try to set the machine to "ready", then comes the message:

Failed to set the status of machine(s):

Win7Client64

Please see EventViewer for more details.

In the eventviewer i found only: WLK: Description not found

-----------------------------

So what can i do, that the HCKStudio on the server sees, that the OS plattform on the client changed. I think the machineID is the same, but i want, that he handles my 2 OS Images as different machines and not remembers the old one.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:19 AM

Answers

• First thing to do is to package your project from your testing of Windows 8.  You should actually do this before installing a new OS on your test system, but it should be OK at this point.  Once this is done you can work on using the client for testing other Platforms.

At the point you're at, I'm assuming that you have the new platform installed, and the HCK client installed on the client system.  The system isn't being recognized as a valid client, so the data from the previous platform is still being used.  It isn't being recognized because the clients public/private keys don't match with what the controller has recorded.  Each time the HCK client is installed on a system which previously didn't have the HCK client installed, it will generate a new key set.  Since you did a clean install of the new platform the old key set was cleaned off of the test system.

There are a couple way to fix this.

• Delete the client entry from the controller.  This will allow the client to send the new key set to the controller, and be recognized as a new client.  This will also delete the results associated with the old machine entry.  This is why you will want the package of your results.
    • Set the client entry on the controller to the "unsafe" state using HCK Manager.  This allow it to re-negotiate the keys, but breaks the linking between the test results and their logs.  Again, this is why you want to have the package.

Once you are able to get the client working, make sure that the target you select from the Selection tab has the right platform information before proceeding.  If not, you'll need to start over testing.

-Paul

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Some times happen but you need to re-install the both Controller and Client.

Actually what happen is when you install the HCK Client some Security information created and I think whenever uninstalling a Client form Controller then first put the Client status in unsafe and then only uninstall the client. And any way try with clean install everything.

Yesubabu Gude

Thursday, July 18, 2013 12:06 PM
  • First thing to do is to package your project from your testing of Windows 8.  You should actually do this before installing a new OS on your test system, but it should be OK at this point.  Once this is done you can work on using the client for testing other Platforms.

At the point you're at, I'm assuming that you have the new platform installed, and the HCK client installed on the client system.  The system isn't being recognized as a valid client, so the data from the previous platform is still being used.  It isn't being recognized because the clients public/private keys don't match with what the controller has recorded.  Each time the HCK client is installed on a system which previously didn't have the HCK client installed, it will generate a new key set.  Since you did a clean install of the new platform the old key set was cleaned off of the test system.

There are a couple way to fix this.

• Delete the client entry from the controller.  This will allow the client to send the new key set to the controller, and be recognized as a new client.  This will also delete the results associated with the old machine entry.  This is why you will want the package of your results.
    • Set the client entry on the controller to the "unsafe" state using HCK Manager.  This allow it to re-negotiate the keys, but breaks the linking between the test results and their logs.  Again, this is why you want to have the package.

Once you are able to get the client working, make sure that the target you select from the Selection tab has the right platform information before proceeding.  If not, you'll need to start over testing.

-Paul

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:03 PM