Login Screen with Windows authentication. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Silverlight business application template for my application.

I am able to implement the Windows authentication, by changing the webconfig and App.xaml.cs files.

Now I wanted to use this windows authentication, with Custom Login screens. I mean I wanted to provide a Login screen, where user will enter their username and password, and I want to use them for windows authentication.

I didn't get much details on custom windows authentication with business application templates over net.

Please help.

Regards,

SivaPrasad.B

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:04 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

Finally, I am able to do this using the "ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider" and existing Authentication service.

For this we have to override the ValidateUser() method, to authenticate the user from the ActiveDirectory using the Membershipprovide.

Regards,

SivaPrasad.B

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:14 AM

All replies

• Unless I'm missing something, you either want Windows authentication (which is the logged on Windows user and is often authenticated using Kerberos, etc. to a domain controller) or you want forms authentication.  You describe the latter, so it seems you perhaps are looking to "reauthenticate" the windows user for the application?

Doesn't quite make sense to me, or you are looking for some ability to authenticate a windows account that is different than the current logged on user.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 9:54 AM
  • Hi,

Thanls for your reply.

Actullay, I wanted to authenticate the user from Active Directory.

In so many forums, it is given that, Windows Authentication with Silverlight (Business application template) will automatically authenticate the user from Active directory. So I have implemented that and it is working absoulutely well.

But now, I wanted to use this, with a custom Login form. I mean I wanted to authenticate the user from the Active Directory using a Custom Login form.

Regards,

SivaPrasad.B

Monday, September 19, 2011 12:56 AM
  • Hi All,

Finally, I am able to do this using the "ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider" and existing Authentication service.

For this we have to override the ValidateUser() method, to authenticate the user from the ActiveDirectory using the Membershipprovide.

Regards,

SivaPrasad.B

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:14 AM
  • Hi SivaPrasad.B

I´m having the same requisit from my client.

I´ve got 2 questions that maybe you can help me.

1. Is this solution possible if the solution is running Out of Browser?

2. If your user is already with the respective Live ID is autmatic redirect to your Main Page instead of the Login page?

Thanks in advanced

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 4:56 PM