none
How to pack a program? RRS feed

All replies

• I don't know of any free installer that can handle all requirements but would recommend starting with this installer and here are the docs.

In regards to the database, you need to consider the connection (not talking about how a connection is made per-say) in that it must point to the correct server e.g. if you know they are using SQLEXPRESS generally .\SQLEXPRESS would be used.

You must make sure SQLEXPRESS is installed and if not there are plenty of links to show how to install silently.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 1:48 PM
  • Hi Decompressor,
    You can use ClickOnce to publish your application to a Web server, then user can install from a Web site. 
    The approximate steps are as follows.
    1.Right-click your project and click Properties.
    2.Click the Publish tab to open the Publish page.
    3.Enter a valid file path and a vaild url which user install from into the two boxes.
    4.Click the Publish Now.
    Besides, you can also publish the application to the local computer or network file share.
    More details you can refer to these documents.
    [Publish ClickOnce applications]
    [How to: Publish a ClickOnce application using the Publish Wizard]
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 6:28 AM
  • I don't know of any free installer that can handle all requirements but would recommend starting with this installer and here are the docs.

In regards to the database, you need to consider the connection (not talking about how a connection is made per-say) in that it must point to the correct server e.g. if you know they are using SQLEXPRESS generally .\SQLEXPRESS would be used.

You must make sure SQLEXPRESS is installed and if not there are plenty of links to show how to install silently.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

I've downloaded and installed vs installer, what to do next to pack my application?
    Friday, December 27, 2019 10:30 AM