!Page.IsPostBack is not triggered in IE 8 RRS feed

• Question

• User1818914577 posted

I have a webpage which has 16 asp net controls (such as textbox, dropdowns, checkboxes etc) with two modes of authentication,  one is DMS and the other is NTFS. In DMS, i happen to show all the controls and in NTFS i hide some of the textboxes. Now when I log in this page, I observe that the first load event  i.e !Page.IsPostBack event is getting triggered for DMS gracefully every time I visit this page for a new user detail. But for NTFS, except for the first time after that it indeed comes to the Page_Load event but it doesnt hits the Ispostback event. And this issue is happening only in IE8.

the page is designed something like, on clicking a menu which contains a list of names of users it will hit the page load event and then inside the postback event some methods are called. so now what the issue arises is, using entity framework 4.0 after saving my changes i am not able to see the updated values in the respective fields(textboxes) which according to me hits the ispostback event for a new user.

Can anyone provide me suggestions on this ? because I am seeing, the Postback event is triggered for both modes in IE 9 and above. 

Thanks,

Lokesh

Thursday, March 5, 2015 11:24 AM

Answers