Distribution of nmapi.dll file (Netmon API) RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a small application that is using nmapi.dll and managed code by NetmonAPI.cs. In what way may I redistribute the nmapi.dll file?

May I include it in my application, or does the user need to retrieve it from Network Monitor installation?

Thanks,

Tobias

Monday, March 7, 2011 3:32 PM

Answers

• I don't believe you can - that Dll is part of the operating system and is replaced by OS updates such as service packs.
    Phil Wilson
    • Marked as answer by eryang Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:40 AM
    Monday, March 7, 2011 8:15 PM

All replies

• I don't believe you can - that Dll is part of the operating system and is replaced by OS updates such as service packs.
    Phil Wilson
    • Marked as answer by eryang Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:40 AM
    Monday, March 7, 2011 8:15 PM
  •  

We temporarily mark a reply since the thread idle for a long time, please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Eric Yang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:39 AM
  • Even I am facing same issue. Does anybody have answer for my question?

Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 is a tool to allow capturing and protocol analysis of network traffic. I am using NMAPI.dll of Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 in my application. As distribution of NMAPI.dll is not allowed so to use my application, I will have to ask users to install Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 so that NMAPI.dll can be used by my application. But how would I know the location of NMAPI.dll in my application at runtime because its location may be different on different systems? Is there any workaround for this?

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 7:42 AM