Custom Properties Windows Store Device App for Camera

Question

• I am a long time driver developer.  I now have a client who has a camera that has custom KS properties.  He would like those properties to be exposed to Windows Store apps.  I've looked through the Device App and Device MFT samples, but I don't think those really address this issue.

The sample app initializer in the Device App receives a CameraSettingsActivatedEventArgs object.  That object has a VideoDeviceExtension property that gets passed to a C++ wrapper, which then extracts interfaces from it.

What, exactly, IS that VideoDeviceExtension? It is of an anonymous type (Object^), and the documentation is not helpful. Is that actually the IBaseFilter for the camera proxy? What I need is an IKsControl interface. If I can get that, I'm golden.  However, when I try to fetch IKsControl from that object (instead of IMft0), it won't compile because of the WINAPI_FAMILY setting.  I can override and it compiles, but I don't know if it will run.

So, in short, how do I expose custom KS properties from my camera?  The Device MFT doesn't seem to be the right place.  That is a downstream filter, not a wrapper for the camera itself.

Tim Roberts, VC++ MVP Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:24 PM

Answers

All replies