locked
Calendar, IE6 OnClientShowing RRS feed

  • Question

  • User-1992184889 posted

    I am having a headache beyond belief. I have a form with approx 40 controls on it, including 4 calendars and 6 dropdowns. It looks great in IE7, but in 6, the dropdown bug appears. I have tried everything I can think of, and everything I have found on the net, but to no avail.

    This morning I came across  the OnClientShowing method of the calendar extender.

    I thought I will hide the controls that are showing on top of my calendar, but I cannot get the method to work and I have found no docs on it.

    Does anyone know the proper way to call this method?

     

    Or another solution would be appreciated.

    Monday, October 15, 2007 11:06 AM

Answers

  • User-1992184889 posted

    Thanks to all who have read my post and tried to help.

     I have resolved the issue.

    On the image control, that brings up the calendar, I added

    OnClientClick="HideDropDowns();"

     

    ON the Extender for the calenxar, I have added

    OnClientHiding="function(s,e){ShowDropDowns()}"

      and here are the 2 functions in javascript

     

    function HideDropDowns()

    {

    var ddl1 = $get('<%= this.ddlStatus.ClientID %>');

    var ddl2 = $get('<%= this.ddlApptType.ClientID %>');

    var ddl3 = $get('<%= this.ddlPriority.ClientID %>');

     

     

    ddl1.style.visibility=
    "hidden";

    ddl2.style.visibility="hidden";

    ddl3.style.visibility="hidden";

    }

     

    function ShowDropDowns()

    {

    var ddl1 = $get('<%= this.ddlStatus.ClientID %>');

    var ddl2 = $get('<%= this.ddlApptType.ClientID %>');

    var ddl3 = $get('<%= this.ddlPriority.ClientID %>');

     

    ddl1.style.visibility=
    "visible";

    ddl2.style.visibility="visible";

    ddl3.style.visibility="visible";

    }

     

     

    I hope this helps anyone that was having the ie6 overlay issues with the droodowns, that I was having.

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2007 11:20 AM

All replies

  • Monday, October 15, 2007 11:27 AM
  • User-1992184889 posted

    Thank you for the reply.

    My DLL is dated 09/2072007 7:16 pm.

    The problem has not gone away.

    Monday, October 15, 2007 11:42 AM
  • Monday, October 15, 2007 11:54 AM
  • User-1992184889 posted

    Thanks, but that did not solve the problem.

     

    If I can get some docs on the onClientShowing method, that would solve my issue.

    Monday, October 15, 2007 1:29 PM
  • User923504599 posted

    Subscribe to the 'showing' event of the calendar extender in Javascript by calling the add_showing(<handler>) and add_hiding(<handler>) methods, passing a reference to your function to handle the events.  Use $find to access the calendar behavior and call those methods (for help with $find see http://mattberseth.com/blog/2007/08/the_everuseful_get_and_find_as.html)

    Hope this helps you...
    -Damien

    Monday, October 15, 2007 3:13 PM
  • User-1992184889 posted

    Thank you for the response, but I have no idea what you are asking me to do.

     

    Does anybody know how to call the onClientShowing function?

    Monday, October 15, 2007 3:22 PM
  • User923504599 posted

    I'm sorry you didn't understand.  You may want to research ASP.NET AJAX JavaScript to get a better idea of how things in the Toolkit work if you are going to be customizing the behaviors.  Anyway, your answer is here: http://forums.asp.net/t/1162040.aspx

    I believe you can just assign a JavaScript function name to the onClientShowing property which basically calls add_showing.

    -Damien

     

    Monday, October 15, 2007 3:34 PM
  • User-1992184889 posted

    Thanks to all who have read my post and tried to help.

     I have resolved the issue.

    On the image control, that brings up the calendar, I added

    OnClientClick="HideDropDowns();"

     

    ON the Extender for the calenxar, I have added

    OnClientHiding="function(s,e){ShowDropDowns()}"

      and here are the 2 functions in javascript

     

    function HideDropDowns()

    {

    var ddl1 = $get('<%= this.ddlStatus.ClientID %>');

    var ddl2 = $get('<%= this.ddlApptType.ClientID %>');

    var ddl3 = $get('<%= this.ddlPriority.ClientID %>');

     

     

    ddl1.style.visibility=
    "hidden";

    ddl2.style.visibility="hidden";

    ddl3.style.visibility="hidden";

    }

     

    function ShowDropDowns()

    {

    var ddl1 = $get('<%= this.ddlStatus.ClientID %>');

    var ddl2 = $get('<%= this.ddlApptType.ClientID %>');

    var ddl3 = $get('<%= this.ddlPriority.ClientID %>');

     

    ddl1.style.visibility=
    "visible";

    ddl2.style.visibility="visible";

    ddl3.style.visibility="visible";

    }

     

     

    I hope this helps anyone that was having the ie6 overlay issues with the droodowns, that I was having.

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2007 11:20 AM
  • User-916860656 posted

     Thanks, Rkmoray,

     

    You saved hours of my time.

    BTW, my version is

     <ajaxControl:CalendarExtender ID="cal" runat="server"
                                    onClientHiding="function(s,e){showDropDowns()}" OnClientShowing="function(s,e){hideDropDowns();}"></ajaxControl:CalendarExtender>

     

    Thanks,

    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 6:16 AM