none
Unable to install Sharepoint prerequisites on Windows Server 2008 Enterprise sp2 x64 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying without success to install Sharepoint 2010 on my Windows Server 2008 Enterprise sp2 64bit sku for the past 2 days. Whenever I run the PrerequisiteInstaller.exe, it always fails while installing the "Hotfix for Microsoft Windows (KB976394)." I tried to install all the prerequisites manually after that. I was again stuck at Hotfix for Microsoft Windows (KB976394) and Windows Identity Foundation (KB974405). Everytime it says "This Update doe not apply to your system" for both of them.

I once again tried running the PrerequisteInstaller.exe but it again failed with the following report. So as of now I have got all the prerequisites installed except the above mentioned two and I am still unable to find a way to install them despite several tries to install them manually or through PrerequisitesInstaller. Please help!!!

Below is the result of the installation:

• Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2: was already installed (no action taken)

• Application Server Role, Web Server (IIS) Role: configured successfully

• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Native Client: equivalent products already installed (no action taken)

• Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1: installed successfully

• Hotfix for Microsoft Windows (KB976394): installation error

• Windows PowerShell 2.0: was already installed (no action taken)

• Windows Identity Foundation (KB974405): Installation skipped

• Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 (x64): equivalent products already installed (no action taken)

• Microsoft Chart Controls for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5: was already installed (no action taken)

• Microsoft Filter Pack 2.0: equivalent products already installed (no action taken)

• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services ADOMD.NET: Installation skipped

• Microsoft Server Speech Platform Runtime (x64): Installation skipped (optional component)

• Microsoft Server Speech Recognition Language - TELE(en-US): Installation skipped (optional component)

• SQL 2008 R2 Reporting Services SharePoint 2010 Add-in: Installation skipped (optional component)

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:32 AM